The girls were crazy excited on Christmas Eve. And when they get excited, they get very mischievous. Santa was about ready to cancel Christmas. They finally calmed down though and we were able to have a nice talk about the real meaning of Christmas before we put them to bed. Strawberry came wandering out when I was stuffing stockings (she can be very quiet and sneaky when she wants to be), but luckily we weren't putting the big Santa presents under the tree yet (a dollhouse from Santa and a Littlest Pet Shop playhouse from Mrs. Claus). She said she had heard something on the roof. I knew that this was the last year she would really believe so I was trying harder than usual to make him real (which I totally regret now, by the way).
We got up at about 5:30 on Christmas morning. I went to open the girls' door and Strawberry popped out immediately. She hadn't slept much. Apple was a little groggy, but was pretty eager once she realized what was going on. She was so funny though. She walked to her doorway and stopped and knelt down and wouldn't go any further until I picked her up because she was so nervous. She thought Santa was actually going to be out there handing out presents. They were pretty happy with their gifts this year. Strawberry's favorites were a talking baby doll from Luke she named Lily, the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, and Prince Caspian. Apple's favorites were a PlayDoh set from me, a Disney fairy from Strawberry, and Kung-Fu Panda!
We had a quick breakfast (German pancakes and sausage--yummmmmm!) and then headed over to the Lemans so we could talk to Matt who is on a mission in Everett, Washington. He sounded great, but was a little frustrated by all the snow. He is a district leader's companion, which I hear is pretty awesome because you get to do more stuff. Rulon had come home for Christmas so the girls were pretty excited to hang out with him. Growing up in a houseful of boys was horrible (love you guys), but it turns out that it is very awesome to have tons of uncles, so I guess it was all worth it. I purposefully had girls first so they wouldn't be traumatized. (I found several of my Barbies headless with ketchup smeared on them--just an example). Of course, all the boys I know who had older sisters claim that they are even worse--whatever!!
We opened presents at their house and then had a delicioso Christmas dinner--thank you! Christmas is definitely better when there is family around. This year was just like when I was little and we would get up and open presents at our house and then go to Grandma and Grandpa's house later in the day. We are definitely being spoiled this year.
We hope everyone else had a very Merry Christmas too!
No comments:
Post a Comment