Moving was almost unexciting. I did get put on bedrest last Friday. Nice timing huh? I just decided to delay that order for a week or two since, you know, we were moving! I did make Luke lift everything for me and took naps when I felt like crashing so I was sort of good. Also, in the week before we actually left, we killed THIRTEEN scorpions in our house, only four of which were in the garage. I really really hate scorpions. Thank goodness we had a blacklight or we would have missed a few. In the entire previous year, we had only killed three. None of us were stung in the process.
The drive here was fine, but the movers' truck broke down and wasn't able to show up until 4:30 on Tuesday. As soon as they started unpacking, a lady from the housing office showed up and said that the base CO doesn't like movers to be there past 8:00 so they basically had 3 hours to get everything done because the driver had to be in Las Vegas the next morning. Luke helped and we got them out of there at 8:15, but they weren't able to unpack any boxes and we had to do all of those ourselves over the next couple of days. (I know, boohoo, poor us). And finally, we moved from 2300 sq ft to 1500 sq ft and it has been a little difficult figuring out how to make things fit. But, we did it and that my complaints list is very short so we are thankful. Of course, look at the difference between my Arizona kitchen and my California kitchen. At least there is less floor to mop. :)
We love the new house and the girls are freezing in the beautiful weather (all they have to wear are shorts and tank-tops--they outgrew all of their warm clothes and the 70s is a shock to their systems). Our neighbors are very nice and our street is quiet and safe and pretty. We're sad that Luke has to leave so soon. The next year is going to be pretty tough with how much he is going to be gone, but we did choose this life and are going to try to make the most of it. It will definitely be nice being around other wives/moms going through the same thing. But I realized this week that "my husband is deployed" will no longer be an excuse for getting out of callings. :) Maybe they'll accept "new baby." I've got an appointment on Monday and hopefully we'll be able to figure out exactly when Mango will be making her appearance. Wish us luck!
Here is our huge backyard. The girls don't really know what to do with it because we've never had one they could actually play in. We are on the perimeter of the base and so that's why there's barbed wire on top of the fence.
2 comments:
Kristen and Grant just got to Colorado Springs from Texas. They went from 100 degrees to about 60 but they like it so far. They have been there for about 2 weeks with no furniture. Since the whole division moved to Colorado Springs the movers were backed up and had to deliver furniture as the people called to tell them where to deliver it. They got it all today and were very glad to have their bed back. Even at 23 and 24, an air mattress gets old after a while :) Cute pictures of the girls!
Ann and I keep moving our furniture, pots and pans and clothes all over the Oregon Coast. We haul it behind our truck. We have to move it ourselves! Poor us! But, it is nice that it follows us wherever we go!
We think your house and yard look great!!!
Grandma and Grandpa Cowley
Post a Comment