Thursday, August 5, 2010

Counting the Minutes


Luke called yesterday to let us know that he has at least started the long journey back to our side of the planet.  Hooray!  So he will be home sometime in the next couple of weeks, where he will be getting muchas smoochas from two very excited little girls.  I wish we could just stick him on a commercial flight and get him here.  The last 4 or 5 weeks of deployment are terrible.  It seems short, but a month is still a month.  And time does not fly.  At least we are down to half a month, right?

We still don't know for sure when he will get home, and probably wont be absolutely sure until his last flight is in the air.  The Navy is excellent at making you learn flexibility and adaptability.  I feel like our new family motto is "Come what may, and love it!" (thank you, Elder Wirthlin).  Please, please keep Luke in your prayers.

4 comments:

The Hunts said...

So excited for you! My sister-in-law, Marcie, is in the same boat. Maybe Jason and Luke will head back together? :) Oh, I also heard about Luke's job interview; Jason is up for the same one. I'm crossing my fingers for both of them, because either way, it would be cool to have one of you guys near us!

Bethany said...

Oh no! We already had some other friends who made the short list too. It stinks to compete for a job with people you like. Poor Luke. And now I want Jason to get it because I know how awesome it is to be able to live around family. Maybe they will throw Spain at us and make me feel better. LOL

Wayne and Ann Cowley said...

We are excited for his return too. It's even closer now!

Love, Grandma and Grandpa Cowley

The Hunts said...

Yeah, Spain. That would be a hardship.