- Apple: "I'm going to be a cute smart girl, a rockstar, and a dancer."
- Apple (coming out of the men's restroom with her dad): "I put the toilet seat back up so nobody would know a girl was in there."
- Strawberry: "I'm glad I have such smart parents." =)
- Apple: "When I was three is not in my head so I can't know it anymore. When I was zero is not in my head to except for a big log so that is all I know about that."
- Apple (listening to me hum): "How about you sing a better song, like 'Hey, hey, you, you, I don't like your girlfriend.'"
- Strawberry: "I'm so glad I introduced myself to this dress!"
- Apple: "Jesus made me straight, but you are a little fat now. That's okay though because it's from when you had the baby." Yep, I think #3 has giving me a permanent belly. :/
- Me (after helping clean her room): "Why do you have so much garbage in here?" (We filled an entire black bag with junk and recycling) Strawberry: "I use garbage to make stuff. You KNOW how I'm really creative."
- Strawberry (watching a couple of teenage boys with really long hair): "It looks kind of weird, like they're super, super cool."
- Apple: "Are boys allowed to eat girl cheese sandwiches? "
- Apple: "I'm your angel, Strawberry is your fairy, and Mango is your princess. You are the queen."
- Apple (while I was making her lunch): "It's your job to do the dangerous stuff so the kids don't get hurt. And it's your job to take care of the kids. Your parents made you do that job. Just like they used to make you work on the tomato truck and that was really hard because handing out tomatoes is hard work. Your parents made you do that and now they make you take care of the kids." It's so funny what kids pick up from conversations.
- Strawberry: "This morning, I had to lay there and take a deep breath because of state tests. I am supposed to eat a healthy breakfast this morning. I believe Apple Jacks is healthy because of, you know, the apples, so I will have that."
- Strawberry: "I'm a daddy's girl and Apple is a daddy's girl too, but I think that Mango is a Strawberry's girl. Sorry mom, but she really likes me." Everybody's favorite topic lately has been whose girl they are.
- Apple: "You're not the boss of me mommy!"
- Me: "Then who is?"
- Apple: "Only daddy is the boss of me because I'm a daddy's girl!"
- Apple (singing to herself): "I don't want to hold my horses. When I ask mommy to do something she makes me wait. I don't want to wait so long, long, long, long, long, long." Guilt trip.
- Me: "We need to go buy some things at Michaels."
- Apple: "Aunt Michael has a store?!?" Ha-ha.
- Strawberry (frustrated with me teasing her): "Mom, get your real brain back!"
- Apple (first thing she said to her preschool teacher): "I'm mad at my daddy because he growed a mustache at his work."
- Strawberry: "They have Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure? That is more than too cool."
- Strawberry: "Mom, look what Apple gave me!"
- Apple: "Apple who?" Poor girl knows A LOT of Apples and never knows who we are talking about. I should have realized this would be a problem when I was YW Camp Director during my pregnancy and 4 of my 15 Beehives were Apples.
- Apple: "Why can't we put the middle finger up by itself?"
- Me: "It means something bad."
- Apple "No it don't! It's just a finger! Jesus made us like this because we are pretty girls!"
- Strawberry: "Mom! Mango needs your help. Go Diego Go!" We obviously watch too many cartoons.
- Strawberry: "Why are you always trying to be like me?"
- Apple: "What? I love you."
- Apple: "A girl should only marry one boy because if a thousand boys married one girl, where would all those boys go?"
- Apple: "Is Dark Vader my daddy's father?"
- Strawberry: "Mango is my favorite kind of animal."
- Me: "Huh?"
- Strawberry: "She's a little monkey!"
- Apple: "Mommy who is singing this? This song is the only song that isn't a girl song that I like. That boy sings good songs." while listening to Dave Matthew Band. The girl has amazing taste. :)
- Apple: "Mommy, who is my father?"
- Me: "Luke."
- Apple: "No, one of Jesus' friends."
- Me: "Heavenly Father?"
- Apple: "Yeah, that one."
- Apple: "When is Jesus going to come back?"
- Strawberry: "In about 3000 years, but definitely not in 2020." Not sure what significance 2020 has. :)
- Apple: "I want Mango to be the bishop because she's so cute."
- Mango: while drinking a bottle, looked at me out of the corner of her eyes, grinned, and waggled her eyebrows. :)
- Apple: "One time, Uncle Jared put a bee in Mommy's hair!" Jared's so mean! (Actually what happened was a bee flew into my hair and then flew over and stung Uncle Jared on the face and he had to go to the ER. So it wasn't totally made up.)
- Strawberry (in a very concerned voice): "With daddy gone, who is going to buy us our valentines?!?"
- Apple (showing me a picture she'd drawn): "Look Mommy, is this good as Jane Eyre?" Yep, my 4 year old knows who Jane Eyre is. Okay, from the movie, but still.
- Me (at Chick-fil-A): "What do you want to drink?"
- Apple: "I want a beer!"
- Apple: "Mommy, I love you, but I love daddy the best."
- Apple: "My hair is brown."
- Me: "Actually, you're kind of blond."
- Apple: "No I'm not!! I can see stuff like trees and cars! Don't say that, mommy!"
- Strawberry: "I just figured out something! If I stop quitting on it and just keep doing it, then I will get it done faster!" (How many times have I said this? I guess she had to figure it out for herself.)
- Strawberry: "I can't stop thinking about when I fell (off the monkey bars at school). Can you take me to the doctor and have them clean out my mind?" Poor girl has PTSD. :(
- Apple: "Maybe Mango did it because she is a magic baby. She can even disappear!" (while we were trying to find a culprit)
- Strawberry: "Seriously!"
- Me: "What?"
- Strawberry: "You're using up all my best cheese!" (I was making Parmesan cheese sauce)
- Me: "While Daddy is gone we'll go to Disneyland a few times."
- Apple: "Then we'll be able to see him."
- Me: "No, because he'll be gone."
- Apple: "But Afghanistan is IN Disneyland!" If only :)
Guest Post: The Smoke-Filled Room
1 day ago
No comments:
Post a Comment