When I was going through the pictures of the kids, it was really funny seeing how the ones of Mango were turning out. I have no idea what I'm doing and my technique is to just take as many pictures as I can and hope one turns out. Out of 400 photos, I had maybe 20 that were really good. When I had a film camera, I would try harder, but with digital, I just snap away. I need to take a class, but this is working okay for now. But Mango was being very difficult. She's started her Terrible Threes with a vengeance and is just annoyed with me all the time. She wants to do what she wants to do and really doesn't like being bossed around. She won't ride in the cart anymore at the store. She wants to buckle herself and dress herself and be in charge of everything. It's all very healthy, but not great when I'm trying to get her to smile for the camera. She would start out overdoing it and then get frustrated and annoyed at me. She was also getting mad because it was breezy and her hair was blowing in her face.










All of my pictures were like this group. It was so funny. But I wasn't getting anything I could use. They were cute, for sure, but most of her smiles were forced and she was getting tired and cranky. Or I'd get a good one and her hair would all be in her face. I had an epiphany just as we decided to give up and go home. I had Luke lay down on his back and then set her on his stomach and had him bounce her up and down. She was laughing so hard and I finally got some real smiles out of her. Most of them turned out blurry, but I got a couple that were perfect.
Anyway, it was fun. I really need to figure out lighting though. And settings. And lenses. I want those pictures where their eyes really pop.
1 comment:
They all are great, even the grumpy ones, as they help show her cute personality.
Post a Comment