. . . I hope you don't puke. I guess that would apply more to a 21st birthday. But, you know, there aren't many things that rhyme. Rebuke, cuke, duke, juke, nuke--how do you fit those into the lyrics? It's better than Bethany. . . wethany? Luke had his birthday this weekend, and it was the 10th that we celebrated together. For the first, we went to a concert in SLC and I gave him a chinese yo-yo and a flag (we weren't dating yet, just friends, so I didn't have to buy him anything meaningful or romantic or expensive). Actually, my parents picked them up for me so they weren't actually from me. Oh well, a month or two later and I gave him the gift of my heart forever (awwww).
This year, we went out to dinner at Outback where he had the Victoria filet with horseradish crust. I discovered this item a few months ago when I decided to order the most expensive thing on the menu, and it is scrumdiddlyumptious. Apple had a blast because we had a "cowboy" for a waiter. She would stand up every few minutes and yell out, "Where the cowboy go?" Then we came home and had chocolate cake and watched Survivor. Yep, we know how to party.


The next day, Strawberry and Apple had plans to sleep over at Grandma's house so our birthday celebrations continued. First we went to Strawberry's school carnival where they had their faces and hair painted, ate cotton candy, played in some bounce houses, and bounced down this crazy steep 24' slide. Apple went flying when she hit the bottom, but it had enclosed bouncey walls and floor so she looooved it.
They kept Grandma and Bonnie up all night while we went out to dinner again and then to Barnes and Noble where we bought one book for me (Luke couldn't find anything). Then back home to watch Traitor on DVD (great movie). I know, I know, how do we manage to live this wild partying nightlife and still manage to hold our normal lives together? We're just amazing people.
Anyway, happy birthday Luke. I love you like crazy and still think I'm the happiest girl in the world, even after 10 years together.
No comments:
Post a Comment