Strawberry lost her first front tooth this morning. She's pretty excited and I'm a little sad. I remember when I first felt those teeth coming in at four months old: I totally cried because I realized how fast my little baby was growing up. And now one is gone and the other is wiggly. And her pretty little smile with the pretty little teeth is changed forever. She'll always have a beautiful smile, of course, but 2nd-grader teeth are pretty goofy. :) She discovered that I'm the tooth fairy in January, the same time she figured out that I'm also Santa and the Easter Bunny. She was pretty upset with me at the time. She said she wasn't sad that Santa wasn't real, she was sad that I had lied to her about it. I felt so bad. Then she went through and asked me about everything she could think of, and of course I had to tell her the truth. I totally wish I had from the beginning now. I'm usually very upfront with her about things she asks about and I really stress the importance of being honest, so I can understand why it bothered her so much that I lied.
Anyway, I'm rambling. Strawberry is happy about the dollar she'll be getting. She's decided to save up her allowance until she has ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS and can buy everything she wants. She's up to $8 right now and at $3 a week, it's going to take a while. Last time she made it to $20, but only because she kept forgetting to bring money with her when we went to the store. But she realized then that she could get a lot more for $20 than for the $3 she usually brought.
Apple gets $1.50 and mostly just plays with it. She's totally obsessed with money though and any coins or bills she find laying around belong to her. "Don't touch my monies!" I'm raising little capitalists. Yipes. At least they pay their tithing. Strawberry thinks giving the bishopric an envelope with her name on it is pretty awesome.
1 comment:
The whole Santa thing is such a controversy! Jed is pretty against it--I don't like the idea of creating this big lie, but it was so much fun growing up. I don't remember when I found out he wasn't real, but I do remember thinking it was really cool to be in on the secret and help my parents fill my little brother's stockings. It made me feel important.
-Kate
Post a Comment