Thursday, May 14, 2009

Random Stuff

So, yeah, Strawberry cried.  To help make her feel better, we told her that she could help us pick a middle name for the baby.  My usual middle name formula doesn't really work with the name we picked so we thought maybe the girls could come up with something cute and creative.  Here's what we have so far:

Strawberry: Aliyah, Sparkle, Diamond, Fishcool, Katara, Dolphiny, Stella, Rose Petal, Chloe, Cookie Nut, Joy, Blue Violet

Apple: Neela, [Apple], Mommy, Lisa, Nice Crocodile, Leona, Polly Pocket, Coco, Daddy Luke, I Love You, Bird, You

My favorites are Fishcool and You.  Strawberry has actually decided that it will be okay to have another sister as long as she is exactly like her cousin Cookie Nut (my brother's baby girl).  She is still disappointed that her poor daddy is so girl-trapped, but he's convinced her that he loves having a houseful of little girls.  She's really looking forward to the baby coming because she will get to feed and burp the baby and rock her to sleep and change diapers (not poopy ones) and be a super big help because Luke is going to be gone so much.  Apple is excited to teach the baby how to do puzzles.  :)

So am I the last person in the world who knew that the current President of the United States of America was giving the commencement address at my husband's graduation?  I only found out on Tuesday because I was checking Luke's ASU email for him and saw something about how Construction graduates wear hard hats.  I thought that was hilarious and clicked on the email and it said that hard hats had been cleared with the Secret Service.  Okay, why on earth would the secret service care?  Um, because President Obama was going to be there.  Holy smokes! 

Turns out Luke had known about this for a month and hadn't shared this little nugget with me.  He hadn't applied for graduation because he thought it was stupid to march since he still had two classes to go during the summer and he didn't want to anyway.  He also said he didn't know about it until after the deadline had passed.  But still.  How many people can say the current president spoke at their graduation?  I have absolutely no idea who spoke at either of our U of I graduations or at NSU.  (Although Elder Maxwell was the keynote speaker at our Ricks graduation which was very awesome).  Wow, 6 graduations between the two of us so far.  I wonder how many more degrees we can collect.

So we missed out.  Which turned out to be fine because it was held outside in the stadium and the local news said it was 110 degrees on the field!  Everyone had to get there several hours early to get through security and almost 100 people ended up with heat-related illnesses.  Yeah, that would have been me.  I have no tolerance for heat whatsoever, especially when I'm preggo. 

5 comments:

Marcee said...

Loving all the choices that you have for middle names for your new little one. I think sparkle is one of my favorites! :)

Luke, you are going to LOVE having 3 girls. My dad sure did. I have two sisters and yes, there was lots of estrogen in the house... ALL the time... and when the teenage years come around there will be lots of DRAMA... but you will love it!! ALL of it!!

Luke said...

This is Luke. The drama is already here. But I love it. I can't imagine the era of three teenage girls. I honestly can't wait!!

Bonnie said...

Mom says: It wouldn't have been good for the baby to stand out in the heat, so Luke was doing you a favor!
also, I personally would go with nice crocodile as her middle name!

Luke said...

Poor Luke thinks this is drama. Obviously didn't spend enough time around teenage girls except when they were flirting with him. He's in trouble.

Jed said...

I personally like Dolphiny, cause then the baby might take on the traits of a Dolphin. And that wouldn't be a bad thing, right?