We had a nice visit last week from my big brother. The girls were crazy happy to see him, especially since he would actually play with them. They are a little fed up with having a mom who makes them watch movies all day (hey, I've only got a few more days to rot their brains before school starts). It was also incredibly nice to have someone to talk to. All of the friends I've made here are sort of caught up in their own crazy lives: husbands leaving, husbands coming home, etc. So we just wanted to say THANK YOU to Peter for brightening us up for a few days. We all definitely needed it. I just feel bad that we were so boring. I didn't even give him a tour of the base. Of course, this base doesn't have battleships and aircraft carriers like our last one. Just warehouses and golf courses and imported new cars.
I walked the girls to the park on Wednesday for a play group, which wore me out a little, and it made me realize how funny it is that I'm so worried about taking it easy and hoping the baby doesn't come early. What a contrast from the last two pregnancies where I was walking and doing all those old wives' tales things to get the baby to come faster. Now, after just about everything I do (bending over, lifting grocery bags, walking down the street), I immediately think, "Oh no, what if doing that sets off labor?" It's so ridiculous because I really have no control over it whatsoever (and I'm unlikely to go early), but I'm so paranoid about Luke missing his daughter's birth that I'm giving myself severe anxiety. Which will set off labor. Oh no!
I realized someone else this week. I was kind of irritated with my doctor after my first visit because I had to talk him into letting me stay pregnant one more week so that Luke could be there. But now that I think about it, I should really be mad at Luke because if he wasn't gone, I could be having the baby this Tuesday instead of next Tuesday. And I'm to the point where I am way beyond uncomfortable and get tummy charlie horses every time I move and I have to do this for seven extra days so that Luke can run around playing G.I. Joe? Grrrrr. At least it is in Mississippi with killer humidity so he has to suffer a little. People at church have been asking what they can do for him because we are having a baby so soon after he gets back and they want to make sure he has all the help he needs. Yeah, he's going to have to take care of our two kids all by himself for four days! The horrors! Actually, it will be a little tough since I'm going to make him strap a bowling ball to his belly. (Have I ever mentioned that when you are separated from a loved one, you go through all the stages of grief? Apparently, I'm on anger. Good thing he'll be back before I start into depression.)
Anyway, :D. We're doing great. And a big congrats to Angi and Jared for their beautiful new baby boy. And to Heather and Mike for their beautiful new boy. And Justin and Jenny for their new boy. And Mike and Kim for their new boy. And Jenny and Marcus for their new boy (a few weeks ago). Good thing we're doing our part to bring balance to the world. :)
2 comments:
I'm glad that Peter was able to visit you guys and I wish you the best with your upcoming delivery. Thanks for the congrats!
I am so glad that your sweet girl decided to wait for Daddy before making her appearance. I am with you on the end of pregnancy, but it wasn't so bad this time around, because I knew it was my last time. Good luck, and post pictures soon. (Note to self: totally hypocritical...post your own baby pictures!!!)
Post a Comment