Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Day of School

I can't believe we went from the last day of school to the first day so quickly.  Strawberry has been very anxious for school to start, however because summers with a super-pregnant mommy are very boring.  I'll make it up to her next summer.  She was pretty anxious about going to a new school where she didn't really know anybody, but she said that her first day was very good.  She loves her teacher and is crazy excited about a field trip to see butterflies in two weeks.  (Butterflies are definitely the way to Strawberry's heart).  She didn't really make any new friends yet, everyone was too shy, but she found a friend from church to play with during recess.  It seems like she was a little more fearless in kindergarten and first grade, but that sort of makes sense.  The only bad part of the day was when another kid in the class threw up all over himself and floor (poor kid is going to be known about that for a long time).

Want to hear how cheesy I am?  I found this ice cube tray at Ikea and put the little hearts into her water bottle so that she can take my love with her through the day.  She really loves that kind of stuff and the bottle is insulated so there is still some ice at the end of the day.  Awww.  

4 comments:

MangusColoradoTribe said...

Sweet touch with the ice cubes. That would have been so fun when you were little. We are looking forward to postings for new events and I love your blog!!!

Mom

Wayne and Ann Cowley said...

Strawberry and Apple,

Those sure are cute dresses you have for the first day of school.

Bethany,
I think that is a fun thing for their water bottles.

Grandma Cowley

Wayne and Ann Cowley said...

O. K. I'm brain dead. I realized after I posted the comment that Apple is not in school. Anyway, they both have cute dresses, though one is not a school dress.

How's are you and Mango?

Grandma Cowley

San Diego Spendloves said...

Very beautiful little girls. I just love when they start school!!!

Wow only 6 more days. Good luck!!

Love,
Kathy