Thursday, October 15, 2009

Strawberry Cut Off Her Hair and Other Occurrences


Strawberry has been begging me forever to let her cut off all her hair. I resisted because I loved her long hair, but she was very determined. So last weekend she and I went for a girls day and left Luke home with the babies. Although I was sad to see her hair go, the new do is definitely cute on her. It made her look taller and skinnier and older, but I don't know if that's because of the haircut or if one change made me notice more changes. I got my usual "new mom" haircut (chop about 6 inches) and went a little darker. Goodbye grays! It was funny because I felt totally guilty about leaving Luke home with Mango and Strawberry for 3 whole hours until I realized--he's the dad and he is perfectly capable. It's his job for goodness sake and he leaves me home with them 5 days a week. So why on earth would I feel guilty. I guess it was just separation anxiety. Usually Mango and I are stuck like glue. As my mom said, "She's a high-maintenance baby." :) She loves it when Luke holds her like this. Can you believe how chubbo those cheeks are?


We finally made it back to church this last Sunday as well. I don't know why I took pictures after she was buckled because you can't see her beautiful little dress. The carseat is definitely not her favorite place to be.


And since we can't leave out Apple, here she is after dressing herself for a hike. Love it. :)

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Your daughters are sooooooooooooooooooo cute. And I miss you all, just so you know. Tell strawberry I LOVE her hair, it's so cute. And I love Apple's outfit, especially the socks, and I LOVE your haircut too, it looks fabulous.

Wayne and Ann Cowley said...

I love the picture of Mango with daddy holding her. I love those chubby cheeks. Strawberry's hair is very cute and I love Apple's hiking outfit. I think a girl's afternoon out is just fine though I have to admit that I didn't get many of those with having all boys.

Grandma

Jed said...

Gosh. You all are extremely cute!! Nice haircut, Straw!

Uncle Jed

Marcee said...

WOW, cute pix!! These girls are beautiful!! I love Strawberries new hair, very cute!

Tim hold our babies like that too, and Sabreena's cheeks do the same thing, awesome!!

Loving that Apple dressed herself, and what a wonderful job she did too... my little Landon dresses himself ALL the time. I thought it was just a girl thing, but no! They are so funny!!

So, do we get to see your new cute hair?

Luke said...

My haircut is in the picture of Mango and me hiking. It was really long before and was driving me crazy. I didn't chop off quite as much as I did with the other girls. :) I love that Tim holds babies like that too. The funny thing is, when I try to hold her like that, she hates it. Only her daddy can do it, I guess.