Monday, October 5, 2009

Strawberry Turns 7

It was so not a year ago that I was writing about Strawberry turning six, was it? We need to have a nice boring year that goes by slowly. Since Luke missed her birthday (again-he's missed 3 so far), she got to have a spread-out celebration. We had a party on her actual birthday with Grandma where she had a devil's food cake and a few presents. She said that the best present she got was her new little sister. Awww. She's actually very good with Mango and can calm her down when she's a little fussy. It's sweet.
On Saturday, we had her birthday party at the park with her friends. She had asked for a ladybug cake which I thought I would never be able to find, but it turned out Vons had a ladybug/butterfly cake which was perfect. The party turned out to be a Star Wars/Hello Kitty party because she invited boys and girls and those are her two favorite things. It was fun. They mostly played by themselves until there was a little too much drama and I had to step in and make them play animal charades. Sparks definitely fly when you get 4 very determined little girls together who all want to be in charge. Apple stuck with the boys who just dug in the sandbox.
Finally, Luke's present to Strawberry was to take her to the movies to see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. She's been dying to see it because meatballs are her very favorite food. She said it was amazing. Anyway, she had a fun birthday week and is excited to be getting bigger. Especially since she gets a raise in her allowance. :)

1 comment:

Jed said...

DUDE! STRAWBERRY! I can't believe that you are SEVEN!!!!!!

I remember when you were the littlest, tiniest, mini-est, teensy-weensyest, ittyest baby!!!

And now you are the coolest, cutest, awesomest, bestest of the westest, tubularest kid I know!

Happy late birthday and I wish I would've been invited to your Star Wars/Hello Kitty party!

Love,

Uncle Jed