We were driving home from my brother's house today and this is the conversation that we had in the car.
Apple: "I really miss daddy. Can we go to Afghanistan?"
Strawberry: "I think it would be too expensive because we'd have to fly in airplanes. How much would it cost, mom?"
Me: "Thousands of dollars."
Strawberry: "Well, you have thousands of dollars, right? So can we go so we can see daddy?"
Me: "No because there is a war there and they don't let little kids go to where wars are."
Apple: "Do they only let soldiers and builders go there?"
Me: "Yep, mostly."
Apple: "So will they pick a little girl to be a soldier?"
Me: "No, sorry honey, you're too little."
Strawberry: "Well, he could meet us somewhere like at Disneyland and then we could see him."
Me: "No, he's too far away from Disneyland."
Strawberry: "Oh, so maybe SeaWorld instead?"
Apple: "Remember when I was a baby and we went to SeaWorld and I petted a dolphin?"
Me: "No, he can't come to SeaWorld, and no, we've never been there."
Apple: "Yes, we did, remember? When I was a baby. And we saw the dolphins and petted them. When I was a baby. Remember?"
Strawberry: "I miss daddy."
Apple: "I miss daddy too a lot and a lot."
Me: "I miss him too."
We had a lot of fun on our quick visit. They were devastated to leave. Thanks for letting us crash, guys. :)
2 comments:
this is sooo cute!! missed you at church today but glad you were able to spend time with family.
Thanks for coming down! We loved having you here and miss you already! Come back anytime. Glad you made it home okay!
Peter
Post a Comment