Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Random Things I Love About My Kids


Apple counts down before every single jump: "3...2...1...jump!"

Mango flaps her arms like she's trying to take off every time I walk by.  She also looks me straight in the eye and smiles her biggest as soon as I look back.  She makes it nearly impossible to not pick her up.

Strawberry totally talks like a valley girl when she's, like, with her friends.  Seriously.

Mango thinks her sisters are awesome.  She starts laughing when Apple walks towards her.

Apple and Strawberry think Mango is awesome.  They spend a lot of time trying to get her to laugh.

When Apple hears opera, she asks me to turn it up.

Strawberry tells everyone EVERYTHING.  I have no secrets.  She keeps me in line.

Strawberry has crushes on at least three boys at a time, and still remembers all of her crushes since Kindergarten.

Apple makes us stop and wave every time we see a fire-fighter, a police officer, or a "soldier" (any military uniform) to say Thank You!

Mango sucks her thumb when she's sleepy or while she's eating. If she's really sleepy, she'll stick her thumb in her mouth and lean her head on me for about five seconds, then pop back up and go back to what she was doing.  (PS--She just learned a new trick while I was writing this.  She managed to get herself from her hands and knees back up to sitting on her bum.  Yay!)

Strawberry will get breakfast (without being asked) for Apple on weekends when Mommy wants to sleep in.   (Why do I have to drag them out of bed at 7:00 on school day, but they are up on their own at 6:00 on weekends??)

Mango says "Hiiii" when she's happy and "Eeeeee"  when she's annoyed.

Apple asked me to teach her piano lessons and so I gave her a quick 5 minute lesson about where to put her fingers.  Now she tells everyone that she can play the piano like mommy.

Strawberry figured out Santa and the Tooth Fairy and magical creatures forever ago, but she still really wants to believe in them.

Mango hates it when I touch her nose, but can't keep her fingers out of everyone else's nostrils.

Apple told me yesterday that she is really happy that I picked Luke to be my husband because that meant that she got to have him for a daddy.  I love that my girls are daddy's girls.

There are thousands more, but I've got to get these crazy little princesses into bed.

7 comments:

Wayne and Ann Cowley said...

We have become Blukany Blogaholics!!! Love those girls! Can they come to Alaska with us. We can sneak them and the other 7 across the border with us!!
Mom and Dad C

Wayne and Ann Cowley said...

These are just great. It is so good that you have recorded them. That will be so precious to you and them later on.

Ann

Bethany said...

I know! I so wish that I had started a blog when Strawberry was a baby. I was terrible a keeping journals and stuff and just have little note stuck in random places about something cute or funny. This blog thing is great. I love reading back over the past couple of years and seeing how much the girls have changed. Of course, my motivation for doing it so much is Luke being gone, and when he is home, I'm not nearly as good about doing it. I just want to make my husband smile. :)

Wayne and Ann Cowley said...

Did you know you can download your blog pages to a Word document? That way you have a permanent record for your files. I have been doing that to ours lately. Let me know if you need the where-to to do do it.
Dad C.

Wayne and Ann Cowley said...

I think that's great that you are doing that for Luke too. I'm sure he is so happy for the blog.

Miss all of you. Give the girls and yourself a hug for me.

Ann

MangusColoradoTribe said...

I know this is mainly for Luke's benefit and am glad you are doing it to keep him in touch with what is going on, but we surely appreciate your efforts on his behalf. We love reading about all the little things you and the girls are doing and saying. Being long-distance grandparents isn't particularly fun, but your pictures and writing make it a lot easier. Thank you big time!
Love, Mom

Luke said...

I love my girls. Those are some awesome pictures. As always, Bethany, thanks so much for the Blog. It is amazing. It makes me smile more than anything and it always makes me laugh. I love you guys and miss you.