Last year our Halloween theme was fairies. This year's theme is . . . um . . . Gone With the Wizard of Japan? (Are there flower people in the Wizard of Oz? It's been a long time since I saw it). We chose our costumes using the "Hey, that one's cute!" method. Strawberry was originally going to be Hermione Granger, but then we got one of those catalogs from Spirit of Halloween and she found a Ninja Warrior Princess costume that she really liked and while we were looking for that online, she saw the Southern Belle Costume and nothing else existed for her anymore. I used to loooove Gone with the Wind, so I didn't complain.
Apple, however, had promised me that she would be Super Girl. I think the Super Girl costumes are so adorable and I've been trying to get one of my kids to wear it since Strawberry was 3, but they always found something else they liked better. Apple said she really liked it, but then Strawberry showed her the hot pink version and she decided she wanted that instead, and then while we were looking online, she saw the Asian Princess dress and had to have it. I was sad, but it's okay because it is sort of like Mulan and she is a girl power role model. Except of course people said, "Ummmm, is she a geisha?" No! I should have given her ninja swords or something. :) I always let the girls wear tons of makeup at Halloween because they never get to otherwise. Apple loved it and wanted it all, eyeshadow, mascara, blush, lipstick (Strawberry just wanted lipstick and blush). But of course, she couldn't hold still at all and it ended up looking like she got a black eye or something. We also sprayed her hair black and she thought she looked so pretty. She was loving it.
Mango got the costume that she couldn't take off. Hahahahaha. She was kind of grouchy about the whole thing. And then after we forced her to wear this ridiculous thing, we didn't even let her have any candy. She has actually really started walking. She is still really wobbly and struggles a lot, but she tries to walk more than crawl. She can make it all the way across the room without falling down, but has to stop and get her balance back a few times along the way. And when she does fall, she gets right back up. She's working hard.
Trick or treating was fun because we could just go around our little neighborhood. Except of course, our nice little neighborhood was overrun by teenagers who took all of the candy. It was so frustrating. There were a couple little stragglers who started going around late and there was nothing left for them. Grrr. Seriously, I'm not going to give candy to teenagers anymore. I'll spray them with a hose or something. Hey, it's an option, right? Trick or treat. They ask for it. Especially when they don't even bother with a costume, just a hoodie and a pillowcase.
3 comments:
Wow, those are some cute and pretty costumes! I remember being there with you I think it was last year. It just made me a little sad we weren't there this year to watch you girls. Well, Happy Halloween!
Grandma and Grandpa
Wow, these are beautiful costumes. I bet they had a ball wearing them, even Mango...well, maybe not:).
Love, Grandma L.
You girls look awesome!!!
Post a Comment