Sunday, February 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Luke!


It was a big one this year: Luke turned 35!  And what better way for me to make his birthday special than to ditch him to get my hair done while he took the girls to a birthday party for one of Apple's friends.  :)  I'm so sweet.  We did have a fun evening.  He blew out all his candles in one huge puff. The girls were amazed.  We opened presents, jammed to U2, and watched a sweet cartoon with the girls.  Then Luke picked a grown-up movie to watch after the girls went to bed:  Frozen.  It was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.  Not that it was badly made, but we only made it halfway through before it got to horrifying to watch.  It's about three kids who get stuck on a ski lift.  I've seen a lot of movies where the premise was more disturbing and I could watch them, but I just couldn't handle this one.  Yipes.  So then we watched a bunch of episodes of the Office to make ourselves feel better.


I feel bad because I did spent most of his birthday crying about my hair.  I cut A LOT off and dyed it back to dark brown and even though I've totally had this exact same hair before, it was a bit too drastic of a change at once.  But I needed my easy mom hair back.  Now that I've got four heads of hair to do every morning, every minute counts.  :)


It's so crazy that Luke is 35.  He was only 22 when we met.  It doesn't seem that long ago, but look what different people we both are.  But if I could have had a flash of our future together when I first saw this guy who would become my husband, I would have been proposing to him in a heartbeat.  :)  We have such an awesome life and I have loved every minute of it.  Okay, maybe not every single minute, but since those hard minutes help make the good minutes even better, they are worth it.

Today we were able to go to the wedding of one of Luke's fellow officers.  It was such a beautiful wedding and they were both so happy and sweet and it helped remind me of what a blessing it is that I'm married to Luke.  I have the best husband in the world and I am so happy I get to share my life with this amazing guy.  Happy birthday honey.  I love you!

4 comments:

MangusColoradoTribe said...

Happy Birthday, Luke. It looks like you all had a good time together. Your hair looks great and you all are so beautiful!

Heather Walker said...

I'm loving the hair Bethany! It is totally gorgeous! The cut and color are great--totally makes your eyes pop!

Bethany said...

Aw, thanks. Our crossing guard said it make me look a lot younger, so I'll probably keep it like this for a while. :) Plus, it only took me 5 minutes to do this morning. A little boy at Apple's kindergarten told me, "It looks a lot better now that it's styled." haha

Jared Cowley said...

Whatever, Bethany. Your hair looks awesome! Luke's hair looks very nice, too.