Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Nice Surprise

I was playing with the iPod Luke got me for Christmas and discovered that I had loaded it with four pictures when I first got it.  It turns out those four pictures were the exact ones I had been devastated about losing when my hard drive failed.  I don't think they are full-size files, just scaled-down ones for the tiny screen.  And I can't download them onto our current computer because it is a PC and every time I hook up my iPod to it, it tries to reformat it.  We are waiting until Apple brings out their new operating system to buy a new computer.  But I figured crappy pictures-of-pictures were better than nothing, right?  I was so happy to find these.  I'm still holding out hope that I backed up more recently than I thought and just happened to stick the DVDs somewhere weird and we will find them when we move.  :)  But I'm very content with what I did get back. 

3 comments:

Heather Walker said...

Yeah for finding the pics...I hate it when things like that happen so I'm excited that your story has a happy ending...here's hoping for that DVD to appear too! I hope things are great! I loved your Valentines cards of the girls. Pretty much the cutest things ever. Maybe when Xander is that old I'll copy them, but I'm not sure I would be able to pull it off quite as nicely as you did.

MangusColoradoTribe said...

That's awesome that you found these pictures. They are precious.

Wayne and Ann Cowley said...

I'm glad you found a few. Do you want me to send you the pix from our visit on New Years? I'm sure they are not as good as yours, but it is something.
Dad C