Friday, May 6, 2011

This Morning

I've got a bunch of random pictures of the girls to throw on here for daddy.  These girls are missing you so much!  It's been a month, which is when everyone starts falling apart.  We have done this too many times.  I'm very aware of the pattern.  :(  I have never been this eager for school to get out.  


So here is our morning.  Not exciting at all, but I took pictures anyway.  It was foggy outside so Apple wore her raincoat.   Poor Strawberry woke up with a really kinked neck.  I would have kept her home, but she is in the middle of state testing, so she decided to tough it out.  Luckily, testing is only in the mornings, so I loaded her up on Motrin and sent her in to school.  It made me sad.


Mango has really been wanting to do everything that the older girls do.  Yesterday Apple came up to me and asked me to tie the back of her shirt, and Mango immediately ran over, turned around, and started flapping her arms behind her back.  It was so funny.  The girls like to get themselves snacks and will get either cereal or pretzels or something and put them in a ziplock baggie to carry around.  So this morning Mango got into the cupboard and came out with this.  She wanted to do it herself and didn't want me to help at all.  She was furious when I took it away.  She gets frustrated really easily.  :)


There have been a few times recently where I've walked in on Mango and Apple being cute together.  I always grab the camera, but Mango immediately reacts and wants to play with it or me or something so I haven't been able to really get the shot.  One day, they were laying in bed next to each other reading books.  Another day, they were sitting in the stuffed animal bin, giggling their heads off.



Mango is getting more creative and silly in her playing.  Instead of just pushing around an empty stroller, she's started putting things in it.  Ken and Barbie, a car, shoes, crayons, wipes, just about everything except a baby.  It's silly.  She loves to play Littlest Pet Shop with her sisters.  I love that they can all play together, even with the age spread that they have.  Strawberry is an awesome big sister.  Mango has really been trying to turn into a kid lately.  It's making me crazy because she cannot transition right now. She has to wait for daddy!  But she's starting to be a lot more independent.  She's trying harder to talk, but thankfully not getting very far.  But this girl definitely won't be a baby much longer.  Luke wasn't there for Apple's switch from baby to little kid.  I'm feeling sorry for us.  I know there really isn't anything else we can do, but it's till really tough to have to be apart right now.  It's only for a little while longer, hopefully, and then we got three years of straight togetherness.  I'm crazy excited.  :)

No comments: