Friday, May 27, 2011

Walking on Sidewalks is Dangerous

That last post was just a little too happy.  We need some balance.



It doesn't get any sadder than this, hey?  Poor Apple smacked her face into the sidewalk when she tripped over Strawberry's feet on the way home from school.  When she tried to catch herself, she jammed her fingers and then went right over onto her face.  I hate it when my kids hurt themselves!  Just the other night, she fell off a stool and hit the back of her head on the linoleum and got a huge goose egg.  It is so heart-breaking when they start jumping around because it hurts so bad and are desperate for it to stop.  Thankfully, mom cuddles and kisses and ice packs usually work pretty quickly.  I was cleaning her up when we got home and getting some bandaids ready and she said, "Hurry mommy, hurry!  It hurts really really bad."  I love that bandaids have that magic to make things feel a little better.


She looked even worse the next morning, though she was feeling much better.  It looks like a burn down her cheek.  Everyone at school had to ask what happened.  Poor little Apple.

2 comments:

MangusColoradoTribe said...

OOOHHH! So sorry this happened, Apple! Thank goodness for a wonderful mommy to make it better,

Wayne and Ann Cowley said...

Poor Poor Apple!! I just want to pick you up and hug you and rock you in a rocking chair!!! I hope Strawberry's foot is okay too! Here's a great big, but gentle, kiss from Grandpa Cowley!! You ready Apple? Here it comes!!!
SMACK!!!!!! How's that? Feel better now??
Grandpa Mooley