Friday, February 24, 2012

Dum-Dum Gimme Some Gum-Gum!


This is probably the kids' favorite line from any movie.  They try to use it on me sometimes, but mom is not amused.  Strawberry and Apple were thrilled this weekend to meet the giant head at the Natural History Museum in New York.  They went up there with Luke to spend some time with Jed and Kate and had an absolute blast.  Mango and I decided to sit this one out because she is kind of a pain in the butt right now.  I can't blame her, she's teething and is at that super frustrating stage of not being able to do as much as she wants to, but still wanting to be a baby.  So we will try to go in a few months.  The older girls were crazy excited to go.  They wanted to start packing a few days before and were both obsessed with choosing the right outfits.  They think Aunt Kate is super cool so they had to pick things that she would like.  They were so funny.



They went to the Natural History Museum and and M&M's store on the first day.  Luke only took 5 pictures of the entire trip, all at the museum.  I was sooo mad when he handed me the camera and that was all there was.  I took more pictures than he did and Mango and I didn't even do anything fun.  I'm seriously still steamed about it.  It's a good thing I like him so much.


Luke had promised Strawberry to take her to Wicked in San Francisco when we were living in California, but it had never worked out so they decided to try their luck getting tickets while they were in New York.  They have this lottery where you can get two tickets for around $30 each if you are chosen.  They didn't get picked out of the lottery the first day and figured with how many people were trying to get in, they didn't have much chance.  So they were thrilled the next day when both Kate and Apple got drawn for the first show.  We were expecting that only one person would get drawn so Apple would have to sit it out, so we were so happy both girls could go, along with Luke and Jed.  They didn't get to sit together and Luke was a little nervous that Apple might get bored and want to leave, but she loved it.  She was really into it and laughing and bouncing in her seat.  I'm so happy that she got to go as well.


That day was actually Luke's birthday as well so they had cake.  I'm still not clear on who made it, but thank you so much Jed and Kate (and thanks for the pictures).  You made the weekend so awesome for them.  The only negative thing I heard was that it was cold.  And the subway tracks were scary.  But both girls told me that the trip was way better than what they had been imagining.  Thank you!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Hey! Kev and I won the lottery on HIS birthday too! Imagine that! Jed and Kate have got the magic, seriously.

Kate said...

We had so much fun with them!! And the girls' clothing choices were pretty impressive - even random jaded New Yorkers on the street complimented Apple on her shiny sequined boots. So cool.

The cake was a team effort - Jed made it, I frosted it while they were at Wicked, and the girls decorated it.

Hope you and Mango can make it up here next time! Maybe we'll even have another bedroom by then (one can dream).

Wayne and Ann Cowley said...

We think Uncle Kate and Aunt Jed are awesome cool too! We agree that Wicked is wicked. We won the lottery a couple visits ago. Front row seats are awesome! Good pictures too! Happy Birthday Luke!
Mom and dad C