Last Sunday I turned 32. I'm so tired of people being hesitant to ask how old I am when they find out it's my birthday. I'm not old enough to be embarrassed about it, darn it. And by the time I'm old enough to be embarrassed about my age, I'll also be old enough to be proud of it because I'll be 97. :)
It was a fun day. I was very pampered. It's nice that my birthday is so close to Mother's day because I get two days of being adored within a month of each other. Mango was especially sweet and would yell out "It yours birthday! Happy birthday mommy!" She knows that her birthday is next and can't wait. I got handfuls of little notes and cards with drawings of me with my daughters. Apple gave me some of her necklaces. I have some super sweet little girls and an amazing husband who all made me feel very loved. And I got some very great birthday calls and gifts from the rest of my family too. Thank you!


Apple also had an exciting day when she lost her first tooth during church. It has been super wiggly for a very long time and it just popped out while she was eating some fishy crackers. She immediately started asking me if I am really the tooth fairy because she saw me sneak Strawberry $2 last time she lost a tooth because I kept forgetting to put it under her pillow. Then she throws out, "Is Santa real?" I smiled and patted her head and told her to shush and pay attention to the talk. I hate these lies we tell our children, but it's so fun to do it. Strawberry was pretty mad at me when she found out (at about the same age) because she felt like I had betrayed her and so I tried to make it a little more vague for Apple. This kind of stuff is more complicated than I thought it would be. I never believed in any of it because I had two super mean older brothers and so I didn't really know how to navigate the suspension of belief.
Anyway, it was a fun birthday. I can't wait for the next 65 of them. Of course, by then, everyone will be living until they are 150, right? We've been watching the Back to the Future movies with the girls and it is so funny that we are only 3 years from the Future that they imagined. Where are the flying cars?? But watching a movie from 1985 shows how much things really have changed since then. What will things be like in 30 years?
1 comment:
Love seeing some pictures of my girl! You look beautiful! Happy Birthday. That was an odd way for Katelyn to lose a tooth. Guess we better watch out in nursery with all the fishy crackers we feed the little ones!!
Post a Comment