
We also visited Busch Gardens Williamsburg as part of our goodbye to Virginia. They offer a free tickets to military families once a year so we took advantage of that. The first thing we did was to get the girls' faces painted. Strawberry took forever, but finally settled on a whole-face butterfly while Apple chose a princess crown. Strawberry was able to go on a lot more rides than the last time we went. It was fun to go on some of the bigger rides with her. We split up a lot, but we all had fun. Strawberry loved the haunted castle ride the most. They had a lot of rides that both of the girls were able to go on. It did start raining in the middle of the day, but it wasn't too heavy and we were still able to have lots of fun. The girls got drenched in a little water play place anyway. The very expensive face-painting didn't survive. We had an absolute blast until 7:20 pm when I got a call from work asking why I wasn't there. What??!!??? I had been switched from Tuesday to Monday on the schedule and hadn't realized it and was supposed to have been at work 20 minutes earlier. We were all exhausted and didn't have much partying left anyway so the trip wasn't really cut short, but we had to drive all the way home and then back to work which took two hours. Plus Luke had taken a few days off and we had spent all Friday at the beach, Saturday on a bike ride and picnic, and then all day Monday at an amusement park. I wasn't really in the condition to go in. But I made it to work about 9:30 and rescued the other nurses from a horrible night (which was my fault in the first place). I honestly don't know how I got home the next morning (45 minute drive). But it was so much fun that it was totally worth it.

No comments:
Post a Comment