Sunday, August 31, 2008

Last Hurrah at the Beach



This is the first of a few catch-up blogs.  Sorry I've been a slacker, but moving does that to you.  This was our last visit to the beach in Virginia.  We'll miss being beach bums while we are in Arizona, but will get right back out there when we get to California.  Apple absolutely refused to go near the water and so we spent quite a while building sand castles.  Strawberry was loving the waves and got knocked down quite a few times, but would always bounce back up.  The waves were pretty big that day.  Strawberry and I were caught off guard at one point and got knocked over by a huge one while we were facing the beach.  I did a complete somersault and smacked my head on the bottom pretty hard and Strawberry grabbed my hair and hung on for dear life.  She went out with Daddy once and the same thing happened, so she'd had enough of the water for the day.  I was also stung on the arm by a jellyfish.  Everyone got sunburns even though I was pretty vigilant with the sunscreen.  But in spite of the downsides, it was an awesome day.  The weather was perfect and the beach wasn't very crowded at all.  The girls ended up with awesome tan lines on their little bums that haven't faded away yet.  This picture of Luke carrying Strawberry is my very favorite one of him.  It just looks very macho, the way he is carrying his wailing little daughter to safety.  

No comments: