Tuesday, March 17, 2009

We're getting another one of these soon:

I've been wanting to put one of those cute baby countdown things on here so I've decided to make the official blog announcement that I'm pregnant.  Yay!  I'm sorry that I don't have any ultrasound pictures.  We had an ultrasound to figure out the due date and I was so excited with the date we ended up with that I forgot to ask.  We're due September 8.  Our calculated due date had been August 22 which was not so good because Luke is going to be in training for all of August in Mississippi, so when we found out that the baby would be over 2 weeks later, we were crazy excited.  That will give me enough time to move us into our new home before the baby comes.  It's not so great that I have to set up a new house when I'm 9 months pregnant, but who cares since Luke will be able to be there to see his baby being born.  He's actually leaving for three weeks during September for more training so it's pretty awesome that the baby decided to come in that window.  If I have a c-section, it would be around Sept 1st (I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet--it's very complicated).  

It's pretty cool that Megan, Marci, and Angi are also having babies within a few months of us.  Family reunions will be a blast where we'll get to compare and brag.  ;)  Of course, mine is going to be the youngest so (s)he will probably not win the walking and talking contests.  

Strawberry and Apple are very excited to get a new sister or brother.  Apple is always asking me "Is your belly big enough yet?"  (This pregnancy is going to be very very slow for her).  Strawberry has been stuffing baby dolls under her shirt and having me deliver them.  They both say it is going to be a boy, but the Chinese calendar and the baby's heart rate say we are having another girl.  We'll find out in a few more weeks hopefully, but either outcome will be very awesome.  We've already picked names and everything:  Autumn for a girl and Wyatt for a boy.  And Mango for the blog (I craved them like crazy!)  We are so prepared this time.  Actually names always came pretty easy for us.  Not boy names, but it turned out to not be an issue anyway. 

And now that you all know, I can complain about how sick I've been.  Boo-hoo poor me.  I've gotten progressively more sick with each pregnancy.  Strawberry was a breeze, I was just a little sleepy and hot.  With Apple, I was lots more sick, but eating made me feel better and I was way too busy to get tired.  With this baby, eating is torture and I'm exhausted.  I had to take progesterone supplements and they are so not happy pills.  And then I hit 13 weeks and thought, yay! I'm done.  And then I got sicker.  :p  I'm actually feeling better now--I may have been withdrawing from progesterone (I don't know if that really happens).  I still hate food, but I don't have to nap as much.  And do you know what's funny?  My belly is huge!  I didn't wear maternity clothes with Strawberry until I was seriously 5 months.  With this baby, I had to start wearing them at 5 weeks.  I still haven't gained a pound, but the bump is very apparent.  I still haven't really told people at church and I get a lots of stares.  Apple has been busy telling as many people as she could "My mama has a baby in hers tummy!"  So I figure it will get around eventually.  

Anyway, this is way too long and boring.  Sorry!  

4 comments:

Heather Walker said...

Super exciting news! We will have babies pretty close together--right now I am 20 weeks. I am sorry to hear you've been sick--I have been so sick I thought I would die so I can sympathize. I still have to pop a Zofran every day to keep my food down:( Well I hope everything is going great and continues to go great with your pregnancy! Take care!

Angi and Jared Cowley said...

Not long, not boring, AWESOME!! Since Megan and I are both having boys, we think you should too. It would make Wayne SO happy to have the Cowley boys make a comeback!

Luke said...

No way! Luke and I are very proud of the fact that we broke the Cowley curse. Girl power!!! :D Actually, I tend to use my youngest child as a little magic 8 ball (closer to the veil, I guess) and Apple is very sure this baby is a boy. Strawberry was very adamant that Apple was a girl from the very beginning even though I thought it would be a boy because the pregnancy was so different. So we'll see.

Wayne and Ann Cowley said...

Papa Cowley thinks a girl would be splendid and a boy would be awesome. But a healthy child no matter what gender would be best of all. My goodness! Did I say that? I must be mellowing! No way, not me! Oh no! Now I'm talking to myself! No you aren't, you are just expressing your thoughts! Wait a minute, who's in charge here?
I can't wait to see Apple and Strawberry and can't wait to meet my new grand????
When I grow up I want to be a cow!