Sunday, April 12, 2009

Question

Okay, I put one of those tools that show where the people who are looking at your blog are from.  So I have a little question.  In all politeness, who the hell are all of you and why are you looking at my blog?  I was expecting one hit a day tops from Utah, California, Arizona, Oregon, Idaho, and New York, possibly Virginia.  So far, I've had visitors from United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Czech Republic, Singapore, China, Japan, France, Germany, Russia, Lebanon, and Egypt, and a whole bunch of others before I started writing them down.  Plus places all over the United States.  So I've developed four scenarios for why this is occurring.  Let's start with the least scary:

1.  I've got tons of fans and I'm famous internationally for my witty blog.  I don't think so.  Of course, maybe I've got a huge fan base at the MTC and these are all missionaries.  But they can't surf the internet, right?  Maybe couple missionaries?  Or Luke's homies in the Navy suddenly discovered our awesome blog and have spread the word.  

2.  People are getting here from random, innocent searches like, "Happy Mormon families and their boring lives."  This is the one I'm really hoping for.  Or just chance encounters by people browsing blogger.  Or the program is messed up and sticking flags from places they aren't really from.  The problem with these theories is that I've got friends that have the same little flag thing up on their blogs and all of their visiting flags seem to make sense.  

3.  The CIA is using my blog as a cover for their covert operations.  Or organized crime is doing the same thing.  Not good, but it would make me feel cool and important somehow.  I'd definitely have to delete my blog, but I'd have a great story to tell the grandkids.  

4.  (The scary one)  Nasty people are searching for pictures of little girls and ending up on my site.  This is beyond disturbing and scares the crap out of me because of how common that kind of stuff is on the internet.  If this is the case, I would hope that the searchers don't linger since there isn't much here for them.  But you never know.

So, dear visitors to my blog, could you please identify yourselves as to which category above you belong to?  Or could someone just tell me if this could be a glitch?  Is it possible to find out what searches people are using to get to your blog?  I don't want to make the blog private or remove it from search directories because one of the reasons I did this was so people I haven't kept in touch with could look us up and see what we are doing.  I've done that with tons of my friends and I love being able to do so.  I could remove all of the pictures, but then our families would be missing out.  And honestly, I started blogging in the first place to give Luke a place to be with his family while he is away from us (which totally never happens, just so any sickos are aware--and we have guns which I'm not afraid to use).  

Any advice would be greatly welcomed.  Please tell me I'm overreacting and this is totally nothing.  I'd rather feel stupid than violated.  Thank you very much.

P.S.  While I was writing this post, I got a visit from Malta.  Where the heck is Malta?  This is just crazy.

P.P.S.  Yay, I discovered a way and can now cyberstalk my cyberstalkers.  I'll let you know what I figure out.

1 comment:

Marcee said...

I wish I could help, or had some answers, but to tell you the truth, I don't even know how to blog search and find friends or how to see who is looking at my blog!