Monday, August 3, 2009

So There Kate and Jed!

We had our first celebrity sighting.  Well, Luke did anyway.  He flew out of LAX on Sunday morning for training in Mississippi and stood in line in front of Luke Wilson.  And he is way cuter than any of Kate and Jed's celebrities. . . oh wait. . . I forgot Brad Pitt and George Clooney.  Dang it!  Luke didn't even know it was him until one of the airline people said something.  And yes, seeing Luke Wilson was definitely the highlight of Luke's crappy day.  We were so traumatized from anticipating being separated that we didn't consider that maybe we should get there a little early since LAX is so huge so Luke missed the check-in deadline for his flight and had to go for standby.  He wasn't able to get on the next flight and just barely made it on the third (the flight was full and there were 20 people after him in the standby line--yipes).  I told him that next time he should wear his uniform and tell them he's shipping out--they don't have to know where to--so he can get pampered.  :)  He did make it to Gulfport however and got checked in and everything worked out okay.  

The girls were very upset.  When Apple realized that we weren't going with him, she started crying and buried her head in my shoulder.  Strawberry had been weeping constantly since the night before.  It was so sweet.  Thank goodness this is only for a month.  He will get back late on August 28th, just in time to be there for the baby.  I went to the doctor this morning and had to argue with him about when the baby would be born.  He wants to deliver at 38 weeks and I said heck no, we're waiting for Luke.  So we're tentatively shooting for Sept 1.  If I go into labor, there's nothing I can do so here's hoping little Mango can wait.  I will be very upset with her if she comes early.  

2 comments:

Jed and Kate said...

Dude, props for an awesome celebrity sighting. Luke Wilson is one of my faves.
So sad that Luke has to be gone so much :( We'll cross our fingers that he'll be back in time for the birth of little Mango!!
-Kate

Wayne and Ann Cowley said...

Luke Wilson??? Who is that? Has a great first name though!! Talked to Luke the other day. He sounds good, considering he has no family to take care of him.
Oh, Bethany, we are praying for a slow arriving Mango so Luke can be there. Are you still on bed rest? Hope those girls are taking good care of you!
Grandpa & Grandma Cowley