Apple had her first day of preschool today. She's been looking forward to this for about a year, ever since she discovered that such a thing existed. She's going three days a week from 9-12 which will give mommy and Mango a very nice nap time. Yay! She was a little nervous going in and stuck to my side for a while, but warmed up pretty soon and sat herself down at the playdoh table. It was really cute because she wasn't really playing with it, just staring around at everything that was going on. She'd pat it occasionally, but mostly check out what all the other kids were doing. But she waved goodbye with no reservations which was really nice. When I picked her up and asked her what they did that day, she said, "I dunno." I had to drag everything out of her. It's funny that she's my wildest kid, but also my most laid back kid. How does that happen? She did have lots of fun, even though they didn't have peanut butter, only jelly on the sandwiches. She said there are two other [Apples] in the class, but thinks that is pretty awesome. I honestly had no idea we were picking the most popular name at the time. There is an [Apple] in her church class too. But it's one of the top three prettiest names in the world, so what can you do? :) One of the stories I got her to tell me about her first day involved one of the other Apples screaming because my Apple was going to run over her in a cart. I didn't get a notice from the teachers so I'm hoping that it was a game all were enjoying.
I had forgotten since I had my last baby that when you get a new baby, your other children all the sudden seem HUGE. When Apple came to visit at the hospital, I couldn't get over how giant her face and hands and feet were. This used to be my tiny little girl and now she's enormous. It's kind of sad that I can't quite see her the same way I used to. She's definitely shrunk in my perceptions since that first day, but she's still not my little baby anymore. She's getting to be a big kid. And Strawberry is practically a grown up. They all need to slow down!
4 comments:
How come all our grand kids are getting so old so fast? We are surely not aging at the same rate? My goodness, we're not getting old are we?
Apple, you are so grown up and pretty in your new pretty school dress! I bet you were the prettiest girl there!
Try not to run over any more of your friends and have fun with your teachers!
Love,
Grandma and Grandpa Cowley
Awww shes so cute and spunky. I love the running over story, haha, I can't wait to actually get to meet these amazing little girls with their fun personalities!
Hope the recovery is going well!
-Megan
She is SO adorable!! I love the first days of school. Kiddos are always so excited!! I hope she continues to have so much fun there!
APPLE!!!! YOU ARE SOOOOOOOO CUUUUUTEEE!!!!
Love,
Uncle Jed
Post a Comment