Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Getting Ready for Christmas


Our Christmas wasn't all that well planned this year since we weren't planning on being home, but we've managed to do a few things to celebrate the season. We bought a little tree and decorated it one night and set up our nativity. And then my brother and his family came to visit us on Saturday on their way home. The kids all decorated a gingerbread house and had a blast. They ate A LOT of candy in the process.

We also got all dressed up in our new Christmas dresses for last Sunday. Mango was too fussy to get a picture of them all together, but we're going to get family pictures done shortly so I figured it wasn't worth the struggle. Aren't my girls precious? It was harder than I thought it would be to find three purple dresses that didn't clash.

On Monday, Strawberry finally earned the last of the $50 she needed to so that she could get an American Girl Doll for Christmas. It is by far the most she has ever managed to save and I was very impressed. She saved up her allowance and did extra chores here and there. She made Luke and I count it about 5 times each to make sure she actually had it. :)

Today, we're having a candy-making day and then going to the new Disney Princess movie for our traditional Christmas Eve Eve. I hate cooking. That's all I have to say about that.

Anyway, we hope that all of you are having a wonderful Christmas with your families and enjoying the opportunity to be together. We love you.

1 comment:

Jed said...

I want all that money and a gingerbread house and A LOT of candy!!!