I can't draw. At all. Everyone in my family actually has some good artistic ability, but the gene skipped me somehow. Well, yesterday I painted the first things I have ever been proud of: my girls' faces. Mrs. Claus got Strawberry a face-painting book for Christmas. These girls will stand in line for hours to get hearts painted on their cheeks, not the funnest activity for mom and dad. I decided to just go for it because they are too little to care how bad it looks. But it went much better than expected. It was my first try and I did terrible, but it still turned out so pretty and interesting. I only had one size paint brush and hadn't learned how much water to use or how to blend the colors. Just think how nice it will look when I get a little more experience and better tools.
This picture is from when we spent $10 each to get their faces painted at Busch Gardens by a "professional." It paid for itself with the first use!
2 comments:
Good work Beth! They look awesome :)
I want butterflies on my faces!!!
Post a Comment