Just one of the many differences between Strawberry and Apple: I have this book Pride and Prejudice and Zombies which is a retelling of the classic Austen novel. Strawberry gets really upset with me if she sees it lying around because the cover scares her so much. But I've caught Apple going through it a few times looking at the pictures, which are these horrifying scenes of zombies fighting characters in the book. The funny thing is, Strawberry loves to watch movies that Apples thinks are much too scary, like Harry Potter and Star Wars. She even thought Astro Boy was too scary and didn't want to watch it. Funny girl.

Strawberry had a big accomplishment this week. She finished Charlotte's Web all by herself and passed the test for it at school in AR. This was by far the most difficult book she has read. She's read a couple of chapter books like Junie B. Jones, but those were below her reading level. She was reading two or three chapters a day. She'd usually read out loud to me so I could help her with the words she didn't know.
Mango, not to be left out, got a hold of a book and didn't rip any of the pages. Thank goodness because it was Moon Girl, one of our favorites.
3 comments:
Sent you an e-mail on this one, to pass on to the girls. Good job on the positive bragging on the girls. I hope they see the blog and know how proud you are of them. Don't have to publish this one, eh?
WC
It's good to see all of you girls reading. Congrats Lana on finishing Charlotte's Web!! That's great!
Grandma Cowley
Get it Mango, get it. Those little tiny hands just can't quite grab it good enough.
Strawberry, I am proud of you. Charlotte's Web used to be one of my favorites. Did you like it?
Apple, I am worried. You seem a little too intrigued.
Post a Comment