Mango has been working on learning how to get around. She usually just rolls all over the place, but sometimes, she will start trying to get up on her knees or up on her toes. She can almost commando crawl, but not quite, though she can do it backwards. So anyway, I was trying to get a picture of her getting up on her knees so that I could put them on here for daddy and this is what I got:
I know, I'm so mean, but when the pictures are turning out this cute, it's hard to stop. But just so that you know I'm not too terrible of a mom, here's a picture from between the frowns. See? She's fine. :)
And finally, she did it, but not quite long enough for me to get a really good picture, but it was still something. Don't you love how kids refuse to perform for the camera?
At the time, I didn't realize that she was teething. She'd been grouchy and sleepy, but it didn't occur to me that maybe that was the reason. I've been the same way for all my kids. It's not until I actually see some little teethies peeking through that I remember that is something that happens to babies. Du-uh. She's already gone through it twice for her first two teeth.
This is a picture from this morning. She loooves to play with toys. I just set the basket next to her and she's entertained for an hour. Her favorite toy by far though is the car keys. Now I've got two of the little remotes and two big keys along with the little ones and she is just in heaven every time she gets ahold of them. And she starts screaming as soon as I take them away. So I have a million-dollar idea. I'm going to make toy car keys for babies that are actually car keys, not those fake plastic ones that are totally useless. Of course, I'm sure if I google it, I can find some for sale already. But you never know.
5 comments:
Mango's daddy was a "keys" baby too. We could throw the keys 10 feet in front of him and he would work for a long time to get to them. Years later as a 16 year old he was always wanting the keys too.... so be prepared!
Dad C
Oh noooo! LOL. I didn't think of that. I think he told me that "keys" was his first word. I've had a couple of people tell me that I shouldn't let her chew on my keys. But since I often turn around to find her chewing on one of the girls' dirty shoes (put them away, dang it!!), and she hasn't picked up any horrible diseases from that, she'll be okay as long as I clorox my keys every once in a while.
Keys, smeez! I think the cloroxed keys are more dangerous than the germy ones! Eat more dirt! It's full of minerals! But, back to the keys, just make sure they are on a big ring with lots of keys and some dangly thing so they are too big to swallow!
Dr. Dad C.
Oh those pictures just want to make you pick her up and hug her. Those were cute pictures. She is so cute and growing.
Grandma Cowley
You seem to capture the cutest sequencial pictures of Mango. That earlier set you took when she was sneezing and now this group of her crying and so precious. She has the cutest cry face!
Love, Mom
Post a Comment