Saturday, June 12, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me


Happy birthday to me,  
I just turned thirty,
My baby got pinkeye,
And my house needs to be cleaned.
:p


Poor me, I had a bad day on my birthday.  Boo-hoo.  It's all okay now, even though I have to pry Mango's eye's open four times and day and squirt goo in them.  Poor baby.  She can squeeze those eyes closed very tightly.  Yeah, Mango woke up with some major gunk in one eye on Wednesday, and then it spread to the other eye by the next morning and was disgusting.  I hate pinkeye.  I even caught it from Strawberry the first time she got it.  I'm being hyper-vigilant about the girls washing their hands so hopefully it doesn't spread.

And then, Luke and I had an instant-messaging date, but the stupid internet connection was bad and we were having a very difficult time communicating.  I was pretty bummed because he has been really really busy with the SCWS stuff, but he made time for me on my birthday and then it wasn't working.  Hopefully, he will be done with that in the next week or two.  And then he will have nothing to do in his spare time but write emails to me.  Right honey?  :)  He did pass the test (yay!!) and now had to do the board part which is very difficult and long, but he will do amazing.

After that, I went to Strawberry's school where they were doing a little musical program.  Strawberry did such a good job.  I was surprised by how much she had gotten into it.  I thought she would be more shy, but she spent many, many hours practicing the songs and when she was up there on stage, she was belting them.  She sang them at home so many times, that Apple actually knew the songs better than a lot of the kids in the program.  I was able to video the whole thing and I wanted to take pictures, but the teacher whisked them off so quickly to change that I didn't get the chance.  I was very annoyed because she was totally adorable.  Later, we were walking home from school and I got into a shouting match with a lady in a car because she didn't wait for us to cross before pulling into a parking lot.  I'm sure she wasn't as close to us as it seemed, but I had four little girls next to and in front of me (and more kids with their moms behind us) and we were already in the driveway and dang it, when there are little kids involved, you never assume anything and you wait until they are safely past.  Right??  Children always have the right of way.  I was totally embarrassed about it. I don't tend to yell at complete strangers, but that walk to and from school is a little nerve-wracking with so many cars and businesses between the school and the base.  It wasn't the first time a driver got yelled at in that area.  :)


I did get a nice birthday dinner and the girls sang to me.  Strawberry suddenly got moody, and Mango was crying, but Apple was keeping up the happy energy.  And then I got a nice delivery from my mom. Pretty huh?


And here's Mango playing with (and drooling on) the awesome present Luke got for me (it's a sorry-I'm-missing-your-30th-birthday present).  She started trying to chew on it, so I gave her a remote.


If you can't tell what it is, here's Apple showing the box.


Yay, I got an iPad.  :)  But guess what.  My Apple iPad decided it was too good for our Apple computers because they are a little too old.  It wouldn't recognize the operating system and I couldn't get it to turn on.  You have to sync it with iTunes first.  I was so mad.  It would work fine with Luke's HP computer because it's new, but that's over in Afghanistan right now.  Sigh.  I ended up just going over to my neighbors house the next day and using her computer to get it started.  I have been playing with it way too much since then and it is very cool.  The girls love getting read to from iBooks.  And we played Memory too.  But I've neglected my house.  My sweet little angels can destroy a room in two seconds flat so I have to be very diligent in keeping messes under control.  It's amazing to me.

Thank you for all the birthday wishes.  It was kind of a crazy day so forgive me if I haven't gotten back to you yet.  Luke did send me a very sweet email the next day and this was part of it:

"I am excited for you to be in your 30s.  That way I don't feel so old.  I think the 30's decade is a good one.  Kids are all here, they are getting older, it is a decade for little families.  It is pretty cool that I have known you in your teens, in your twenties and now in your thirties."

Aww.  I have the sweetest husband in the world.  What does any bad day matter when I've got him?  :)

1 comment:

Megan said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry for the Late wishes!!! (Ipad. Awesome =]) Sorry it was such a hectic day for you! But myyy that cake looks delicious! Hope things have calmed down and mango is feeling better!


-Megan