We've been here in Frederick for a couple of months now and every day I love it more and more. The schools are amazing, there are so many things to do, the weather is great. But I think the best thing about where we live now is the hiking. We live really close to this gorgeous forest and we have spent a lot of our free time exploring the trails. This weekend, we hiked up to Catoctin Falls. It was about 1.5 miles round trip and Mango made it the whole way by herself. All the girls love it in the forest. There are tons of rocks and logs to clamber around on and the older girls have a blast climbing all the "mountains." Mango will climb up on little rocks and act like she just conquered Everest. It's especially beautiful up there right now with all the leaves changing. I can tell already that it is going to be really difficult to leave the home we making here in Maryland.
2 comments:
This is so awesome that you have access to such beautiful areas. It looks like you are all having a blast.
Mom Leman
Thank you so much for the beautiful post full of special thoughts and beautiful pictures. We remember hiking the longer version of that trail with Luke last summer. I think the fall colors add a special dimension to the gorgeous Maryland forest. We wish we could hike some of those trails with you guys!
Love you all and miss you all,
Grandma and Grandpa C
Post a Comment