Apple is officially no longer a baby. She gave up her pacifier this week. I had been talking to her about it a while, but she would always say, "I a baby, I a baby." A couple of days ago, we were sitting on a little hill waiting for Strawberry's bus to come, and I brought up the subject again. I asked her if she was a big girl yet, and she said, "I a big gull!" So I told her that we needed to give her "geekies" to the babies so when we got home we would take them all and put them in a box to send to the babies. She kept saying, "geekies in a box a babies, Kayen big gull." And when we got home she totally did it. That was it, no screaming, crying, begging. Amazing. She has also decided to really go for potty training, now that she is big. The other morning she sat on the toilet for an hour, determined to go peepee. I know I should probably have potty trained her a year ago, but I don't know, with Strawberry it was so much easier to just let her decide when she was ready. I am definitely not in a hurry to make them grow up faster.
I got kissed last night at work. I had just finished giving my 80-year-old patient a bed bath, when he grabbed my hand, gave it a big smooch, and said, "Thank you baby." Big old flirt. Much nicer than the last patient I bathed who called me a bleeping blankity bleeping bleep bleeper loud enough for the whole unit to hear. Why can't the nice ones be the loud ones? Oh well. He was a lot nicer after I got a couple of security guards in there with me. It's funny how some people think that attacking their nurse is going to get them something other than leather restraints and a shot in the butt.
3 comments:
Flirting with the old guys eh?
Nice truck by the way, I'm jealous.
BTW, mom says you're going to be in AZ for awhile. Will you be there next summer? I'm going to try to get an internship down there next summer, it'd be cool to see you guys, it's been forever.
It isn't positive yet because Luke needs to be accepted to ASU, but if he does, we will be there from this August until next August. Yeah, it would be awesome to see you guys. We are really hoping that he gets in. We could rent a house in Mom's neighborhood so that we can dump the kids there and go party every night. :)
Post a Comment