Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Making Sunshine

Apple was running around in circles like a maniac this afternoon.  I asked her what she was doing and she said, "I'm making sunshine!"  Awwwww.


Yesterday we had a serious thunder/rain/hailstorm.  I had to keep running out onto the deck to cover things up.  The girls sat and stared out the window watching the rain pour down the windows, squealing and running to me every time the wind blew a little harder or they heard thunder.  Strawberry suddenly remembered that on the bus she had sung, "Rain, rain, come today, go away another day," and was horrified at what she had brought on us.  "Why would it listen to me today???"  

She jumped up at one point and ran into her room saying, "I gotta pray, mom."  A few minutes later, she jumped up and ran to her room again, "I gotta pray for daddy."  A few more minutes and she knelt down and said, "Mom, take a picture of me praying so that you will remember that I did it after I get married."  Awwwww.  

I got my wisdom teeth pulled out on Monday.  Now I have chipmunk cheeks.  I paid the extra $$ to get knocked out for it.  Best 5 minutes I've ever spent at the dentist's office (actually, oral surgeon's office).  They even offered me laughing gas to numb the pain of the IV getting started.  I thought that was funny, but then I felt bad because I never bother trying to make IVs more comfortable; I just stab them.  But laughing gas makes me hallucinate.  Last time I got it, I seriously thought I was a computer.  It turns out I'm a big baby though.  I stayed home from work and slept under the influence of narcotics.  Luke has been very sweet and taking good care of me except last night, he totally elbowed me in the jaw while we were sleeping.  Mean!  

Still waiting to hear from ASU.  We'll let you know as soon as we do.  And congratulations Peter!!  He passed his PhD exams.  Does that mean we call you doctor yet, or do you have to finish your dissertation first?  Anyway, congrats.  That is huge!  

No comments: