The lawn has turned into a monster and I lost Apple in it yesterday. It only took three weeks for the weeds to get this high! Luke always just took care of this stuff and I never really considered it that important. But now I know. I also discovered that the trampoline is really really heavy and since I don't have anyone to help me move it, we are going to have a jungle under there for a while. I guess I could send Strawberry under there with a pair of scissors. She's always trying to do extra chores for money. Or I could rent a Shetland pony and let it graze. While I was mowing (after the 20 minutes it took for me to figure out how to turn the mower on), I remembered that stupid story from elementary school about the lady who wouldn't give the kid $5 until he's mowed everything perfectly and the hedges were perfectly level. I don't think she would have given me 10 cents for the butcher job I did. I always hated that story. Cheap old lady. I never understood the point. Was it supposed to inspire us?
Anyway, thank you Luke. To show my appreciation, here are pictures of Mango sucking on her toes during a diaper change. Are we even? :)
5 comments:
Next time call your trusty neighbor, Jason, to mow it for you. He'll be back in March to get her done!!
hehe, i'd let it grow into a forest. I hate mowing. Cute pictures of mango! It looks like she has a bit of red to that hair of hers! Cute =]
I hated that story too. That old bag was totally cheap! And clearly obsessive compulsive! Who the hell needs their lawn mowed in eight different directions!? (That's how I remember it anyway--horizontally, vertically, and diagonally.)
I'll come mow the lawn for you the next time we come up...which probably won't be for a couple of weeks, unfortunately. But I'll be glad to tackle it--I even have a machete!
Peter
Now that is the way to find somebody to mow the lawn. Crazy clover. Bethany is a smart one. I accept the toe sucker as payment. Are you sending her in the mail? For her sake, I guess the pictures will do.
Luke, wait, is sending the kids to you an option? Why didn't you say so before? It is so your turn.
Peter, seriously, that story just made me think that grown ups were mean. Of course, I just paid $8 to a 7-year-old boy to wash the truck and he did a terrible job and tried to get me to pay $12. I should have held out until he'd completely detailed it and then said, "Now that's a five-dollar job!" He could have learned an important lesson, like to avoid my house in the future.
Post a Comment