Saturday, February 13, 2010

I Found Her

After I got the weeds down to a manageable level, I found Apple. Unfortunately, she was in there for so long that she has gone feral.


Thanks for all the offers of help. You are so sweet. But I was just being dramatic. :D The yard is totally manageable, and I actually really enjoy mowing the lawn. I used to do it all the time when I was a kid and that yard was much bigger and the mower didn't have power wheels like ours does now. The smell of fresh mown grass totally takes me back to my beautiful childhood in Idaho. That and the smell of burning fields are my favorite in the world. Also, since almost all the other husbands in the neighborhood are back from deployment, I've got a great pool of help to move the trampoline if I really want to.

But I think I just may make Strawberry do it. It'll be good for her. I don't have enough work for my kids to do around here anyway. I've often wondered about how I'm going to teach my kids to work without farms around. I was out in the fields breaking child labor laws when I was 12 and before that, my parents had plenty of stuff to do around our house. Gymnastics will help and I'll make swimmers out of them too, but that doesn't seem like enough. It's a dilemma. I guess we could always buy major fixer-uppers wherever we move and have them help us restore it. Anyways, I'm babbling. Bye.

4 comments:

Marcee said...

Looks like you are all doing well... nice to hear good news from Luke too! I am with you on the yard work. Tim does pretty much all of it and my yard would look 100 times worse then yours if he was gone... I do NOT do yard work! But hey, I have gone through diapering and potty training 4+ kids, right?

The girls are getting so big! And they are SO beautiful!! Gymnastics would be fun... we do lots of baseball, soccer, archery and such here, that that would be a nice change every now and then.

I am LOVING the turtle face! Sabreena does that ALL the time! You can check out my blog or facebook pictures to see... and I even saw Megan posted a picture of Kale doing the same face. Must be a Huff thing from Ann and John... crazy!!

Keep up the good work!

Luke said...

Marcee, I hadn't seen those Facebook pictures yet. Sabreena is sooo pretty. She and Mango do look related. Definitely some Huff-ness. I love how much she looks like her brothers, but so girly and pretty. Your kids do archery? How fun!

Luke said...

Katelyn, I thought the shovel in the grass behind you was a decoration in your hair. Dah. You make a cute kitty. I love you and miss you. Happy Valentine's Day. Love, Dad.

Luke said...

She's not a kitty, she's a tigress. Or a tiggeress. She's always making me sing "Fun-fun-fun-fun-fun, but the most wonderful thing about tiggers, is I'm the only one."