Saturday, March 13, 2010

Luke's Comments

I'm making Luke's comments on my last couple of posts into a separate post because he's amazing and I want to. :)

Yep, it is a moustache. I couldn't help myself. We are probably the only all male Seabee DET in the world right now. So I "suggested" that everybody grow a moustache for our DET photo. We took the photo last week. Some have shaved theirs off, but a lot have kept it. There were one or two that were embarrased to show what they had and did not grow them, party poopers. Or maybe their wives threatened them more than Bethany did me. Bethany's were only weak threats. I still have it. I will probably shave before I come home. :) For the Seabee Birthday we let the guys off 3 hours early and had Afghan food that our O&M contractor's mom makes. It was super good. Their rice is amazing. This deployment has made me realize just how cool the Seabees are. It is a pretty neat group. Today we worked from 0600 til about 1930 and they were all smiles. I am proud to be part of our little DET.

Yeah, you better shave it before you get home, or no homecoming kiss for you. :) When you put quotes around "suggested" does that mean "ordered"? And if so, shouldn't you be reprimanding those guys who disobeyed orders? Come on Luke, crack down!

From my other post:

I think that my time in other countries where women are seriously oppressed has made me see "feminism" as something different than what most people associate it with. I think that the definition that Bethany shares is perfect. It is that a woman should not be limited because of her sex and that neither should a man. Most importantly that we should be treated as equals. There are obvious differences between men and women, but sex should not determine somebody's capability or potential.

Awww, I love my Feminist Mustachioed Workaholic Seabee husband. I'm such a lucky woman. :)

1 comment:

ShalottLady said...

Go Luke! What an awesome guy! Here's hoping there are lots more like him in our great nation's armed forces.