Thursday, March 25, 2010

Yay for Bonnie!


Last week was the best week ever! :) My little sis had Spring Break from ASU (yeah, she's in college--what the world?!?) and decided to spend it with us. Strawberry and Apple were bounding around the house singing, "Bonnie's coming to our house!" from the moment they heard about it. It was very needed because Mango has become way way too attached to mommy and needed to learn to let other people take care of her. Bonnie totally fixed her. She still likes mommy, but she doesn't get a panicked look in her eye if I do hand her off. Thank you!

I was meaning to leave Bonnie at home with the kids and go have some me time, but I ended up wanting to spend all my time with her instead. My stylist is going to be horrified when I finally get over there and she sees how bad my gray hairs are showing. It was so nice to have someone to talk to, even though I do still have a hard time thinking of Bonnie as a grown up. I was 11 when she was born and she was only 7 when Luke and I got engaged. He was there at her baptism. And now she's a grown up. And MY kid is 7. Hard to wrap my mind around all that.


Even though we spent most of the time hanging around the house being bored or weeding the back yard (yes, I totally know how to entertain--don't you want to come visit now?), we did manage to get down to Disneyland where we met with Peter and Christi and their awesome kids. This was the first time we've all gone together and it was such a blast. We met up at Jedi training where the Jedi master totally passed over our kids. Can you believe he only picked one girl out of the 20 or so kids who got to do it? What the heck. Strawberry is one of the biggest Star Wars fans that I know. Stupid sexist Jedi master. They were pretty excited to at least see Darth Vader and Darth Maul. Strawberry kept asking me how Darth Maul got those horns to stick to his head, and when I said, "Well, duh, it's Darth Maul," she said, "It is not! He got killed by Obi-Wan. Those are just actors." Duh, mommy.


It was so sweet when we met Mickey, Cookie-Nut was gazing at him and hugging his legs while everyone was trying to get her to turn around for the picture. It was a fun day. A little too crowded for my taste, but the lines didn't turn out to be as long as they looked. Apple went on the Haunted Mansion for the first time and never ever wants to go back again. Oh, and look who we got to meet after waiting in line for an hour:


On Saturday, we went to the beach. We got to see some dolphins and some dead crabs that three little boys kept bringing over to show the girls. Strawberry did her daddy proud and spent the whole time building sand castles. It was a really warm day, but there was this haze or fog or something and you could barely see anything out on the water. It was kind of cool.

It was an awesome week and we were so happy to have Bonnie with us. After we took her to the airport, Apple said, "I really miss daddy and I really miss Bonnie now too." Poor girl. Everyone's always leaving her except for boring old Mommy. It was actually a nice break while Bonnie was here because Apple is going through an intensely defiant stage and we are having major power struggles over everything, but she sort of forgot about that for the week because she was having so much fun. It's back now.

Thank you Bonnie. You made us all very happy. We love you!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

This was the best spring break ever! I was so excited to see you guys :) It was so fun to hang out with the kids, I've missed them a lot. And it was awesome to hang out with my coolest big sister ever! Thanks for letting me come spend time with you guys, it was amazing :)

Megan said...

WOW!! I can't believe that Bonnie is in College. I know I was young when I met her but sheshhh.... she seemed like such a little girl. THAT'S CRAZY!
CRAZY COOL I mean.

ShalottLady said...

HA! I totally didn't notice the Jedi master only picked one boy. I was too busy rooting for him to pick mine, I guess...What the heck?! Maybe we'll have to go again before it gets too crazy! It was so much fun with you guys there. When's the girls' spring break?