Thursday, May 6, 2010

My New Car!



For real this time.  I finally did it after weeks of car shopping.  Yay me.  The problem is that this whole process was such a nightmare that I'm totally burned out now and I just can't feel excited about it.  It took me 7 trips to 5 different dealerships and tons of internet time.  :p  I'm happy with what I was able to find though.  It's pretty hey?  I had to drive 100 miles through LA to get to it, but it was worth the price and the people I was dealing with.  Spreen Honda is the place if you are in the LA area.  :)  Of course, now I'm wondering if they are kind of the Wal-Mart of Honda dealerships and are sending all the other dealerships into trouble by their pricing.  No one else would touch what they were offering me, but all of the reviews of the place were really good.

Funny story.  I didn't have my checkbook with me so I had to run to a local bank to get a cashier's check for the down payment.  When the teller (a young man) asked me who to make it out to and I said the dealership, he asked me what I bought.  When I said it was a minivan, he said, "Yeah, I was totally getting that soccer mom vibe from you."  This was literally 5 minutes after the car was officially mine, and before I had even driven it.  It kind of stung a little bit.  I guess I need to stop thinking of myself as being college student age and accept that I'm turning 30 this year.  And I do have three kids, the oldest of which will be 8 this year.  I'm totally a soccer mom.  And soccer moms are awesome (I keep repeating that to myself over and over).  Yep, Luke and I are finally driving grown up cars.  It was pretty sad to say goodbye to our pretty little Mazda.  That was a very good car.

The kids loooove it.  They had been very cramped for a while.  And this one has plenty of buttons and compartments for them to get into.  I like it better and better the more I drive it.  I did discover two things though.  I don't like leather seats and I don't like power doors.  Good thing I paid extra for them.  :]  Oh well, I will get used to them and I am sure I will love them at some point.


Anyway, it was sort of fun.  Last time Luke was deployed, I used his Power-of-Attorney to sell our house and make $30,000.  This time, I used his POA to put us into debt for the first time in 3 years.  Hee-hee.  Sorry honey.  You still love me right?  Oh, it is a 2007 Honda Odyssey.  I have no idea what color is.  Grey-blue-green.  It's a different color every time I look at it.  My neighbor has the same one except 2008.  Now I'm awesome like all the other moms in the neighborhood.  :)

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hey you finally did it!! Congratulations! I love it, it's the bomb. And soccer moms ARE awesome!! :)

April said...

Don't worry, you'll love the leather seats the first time one of your kids throws up in the car. Just make sure you have the heavy-duty rubber floor mats too!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! It makes me want to upgrade mine! I never ever thought I'd drive a mini-van, but now I really enjoy mine!

Wayne and Ann Cowley said...

It is not the car you drive. It is memories that are made within as you rive your kids to all their activities. Have fun and always know that you are cool because you do things with your kids and the most important..... YOU ARE MOM!!!! That right there makes you the most powerful super hero in the world!!
Dad C

Luke said...

Ha Ha. You drive a mini-van. It is a good looking car. If you let me I guess I will drive it too. I just wish you would have got the forest green one with the mossy oak interior.

Bethany said...

I was thinking of getting your truck camouflaged for your welcome home gift. Would you rather have desert or jungle? Or that new pretty blue navy camo? And who the heck decided how to spell camouflage? That U is totally in the wrong place. Camoooflage? I'm totally getting you a mossy oak seat cover too.

Bethany said...

Oh, and I already told you, you don't get to drive it. It's MINE!

Wayne and Ann Cowley said...

Hey, great looking car. I'm happy for the girls having more room. I agree with you, I don't like leather in cars either. It's either too cold or you slide off. I guess it's easier to clean.

Ann