It's funny too because now she will crawl to wherever I am. I always knew she was a Momma's girl, but now I realize how attached to me she is. If she can crawl to me, she will. I was trying to take a picture of her crawling from the side and put all kinds of tempting things for her to go get, but she would only crawl towards me. And if I walk out of the room to get something or put something away, I'll meet her coming to find me on the way back. It's hilarious. Thank goodness I have Strawberry and Mango to keep her occupied when I have to get things done. She is still their little dolly and now she is old enough to handle them treating her like one.
I had taken a couple pictures of her getting herself up partway that I was going to put on here, but by the time I got around to it, she figured out how to get up all the way. It was so funny because she would get up on one knee and then stick her other leg out straight and then start screaming because she couldn't get any further. Or if she could find a low enough object, she would be able to get both feet under her, but would be bent over and start screaming because she couldn't stand up. She was crazy frustrated. A couple of times, I would look over and she would be standing up holding on to something, but it was always that one of the older girls had taken pity on her and stood her up, and she would just be sitting there clinging for dear life. She loved it when they did that though. She loves being on her feet. I don't think I've had a baby yet who was quite so eager to walk, but still so far from being able to do it. Both of the other girls were walking already at this age and all of the milestones came pretty easy to them. But little Mango doesn't give up and would try over and over and over to get herself up until she finally made it. I'm very proud of her. The problem is that she doesn't know how to get down once she's up. So she will sit there being happy for a minute, but then get frustrated again because she wants to do something else. She is still aways from cruising and so if she wants to move, she either has to fall down or someone has to put her back down on her butt.
It's so funny. Except at naptime and bedtime. She'll crawl to the bars and pull herself up and stand there screaming until I come and lay her back down, then she'll pop back up and do it again. Sigh. It really makes me appreciate Apple who will say, "Mommy, I'm tired," and then crawl into bed and be asleep 1 minute later. And Strawberry who will never say that she is tired, but will go to bed when I tell her to. Of course, on the other hand, Mango gets crazy excited to see me just when I walk into the room, but when I go to pick up the older kids at a friends house, they run and hide and whine. Each stage has its awesome parts and its frustrating parts, hey?
4 comments:
What a big girl! She is so precious.
Uh-oh, there goes the baby fat. And my, what big teeth you have. These sure make for much better pictures than the last blog entry.
I haven't been in the blog world for awhile and my oh my how your kiddos have grown! Cuter then cute that is! Glad to see you are all doing well too!
I haven't been in the blog world lately either. She has grown a lot. She's a go getter. I think that's cute that she loves to follow you around. She is a cutie.
Ann
Post a Comment