Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

We had a fun Thanksgiving.  My Mom had spent the previous two weeks entertaining and feeding 19 people, so Luke and I had the big dinner at our house.  We had my mom and dad, Bonnie, and Mike over.   I spent two days slaving in the kitchen and the result was not horrible.  :)  I'm mad that I forgot to take pictures until after the food was all eaten or put away.  All that was left out was this half-eaten pie.  Oh well.  We have only hosted a real Thanksgiving dinner one other time when we fed 4 missionaries one year in Virginia (I couldn't believe there were absolutely no leftovers--I had made a ton of food).  I'd forgotten how fun and satisfying it is to feed lots of people.  

Everyone was pleasantly stuffed to the brim while we sat around watching football.  Strawberry, Apple, and Bonnie were outside working on something and after a little while, Lana brought us all some homemade envelopes with invitations inside to a secret party in a castle in a secret place at a secret time.  :)  After a little while, she announced it was time for the party and we all came outside and split up into 3 teams and sent to different "centers": frisbee-throwing, ball-rolling, and random stuff-finding.  She was grinning from ear to ear and very proud of the awesome party she had thrown.  My girls make me happy.  

1 comment:

Marcee said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! Glad is was great!

I love it when my kids so stuff like this. It is awesome...