
The Seabees celebrated their 68th birthday on March 5. Sorry I'm late! Naval Construction Battalions first came into being during WWII when the Navy realized they needed people who could build wherever necessary and also defend themselves. For a good history, try this site. We are very proud of our Seabee. And seriously, what's hotter than a construction worker in military uniform? ;)
Luke needs to post pictures on here himself because this is one I took from the last bunch that he sent so it isn't the best quality. Sorry. And honey, is that a mustache??!!??
I was taking pictures of Apple in her Seabee shirt, but she kept covering up the Seabee. When I asked her to pose in a way that showed off her shirt, this is what I got. I guess I can cross supermodel off the list of future careers. Too bad. She's got the looks.
2 comments:
Yep, it is a moustache. I couldn't help myself. We are probably the only all male Seabee DET in the world right now. So I "suggested" that everybody grow a moustache for our DET photo. We took the photo last week. Some have shaved theirs off, but a lot have kept it. There were one or two that were embarrased to show what they had and did not grow them, party poopers. Or maybe their wives threatened them more than Bethany did me. Bethany's were only weak threats. I still have it. I will probably shave before I come home. :) For the Seabee Birthday we let the guys off 3 hours early and had Afghan food that our O&M contractor's mom makes. It was super good. Their rice is amazing. This deployment has made me realize just how cool the Seabees are. It is a pretty neat group. Today we worked from 0600 til about 1930 and they were all smiles. I am proud to be part of our little DET.
Little girl Seabees are pretty cool too.
Post a Comment