Friday, April 20, 2012

Apple's Art


Have I mentioned that I love the schools here? One big reason is the art classes. I love when the girls bring home their creations. That was definitely missing in California, especially in Kindergarten. I volunteered quite a bit for Apple's class and usually helped them with art, which consisted of me telling them exactly what colors to use and exactly what to make. We did a lot of handprint art where I would basically do all of it. It was frustrating because Kindergarteners are so creative, but they weren't allowed to be. The kids would want to pick the colors themselves, and I couldn't even let them do that. It was ridiculous.

So it has been especially fun for me to see what Apple brings home from this Kindergarten. Her pictures are intricate and messy and fun and expressive. It makes my heart happy. This rodent (?) watercolor is my favorite. It makes me think of Totoro.



2 comments:

Wayne and Ann Cowley said...

I love your art Apple! The pictures are so pretty. You are very talented.

Grandma Cowley

MangusColoradoTribe said...

Apple, what wonderful pictures. I love the snow picture.