Monday, April 23, 2012

Harry Potter!


Strawberry set the goal for herself to read all of the Harry Potter books this year. She started in September and finished The Deathly Hallows two days ago. 7 books with 4,182 pages total. She hadn't wanted to read them before because she had seen the movies and thought they would be boring since she already knew what happened. Luke read the first book to her last year, but it wasn't until she read it for herself that she realized how much more there was to the story. She absolutely loved the books and all of the new things to discover and is a little mad about all the things that are missing in the movies.  She especially loved Ginny and how interesting and exciting she is. I read the whole series straight through myself before I saw the last movie and it reminded me of what a beautiful story Ms. Rowling created for us. And as good as the movies are, the books are a million times better. Now she wants to read the Hunger Games, but I might make her wait a little while on that one. But I'm so glad that Strawberry has discovered the magic of the written word for herself. I've been building a reading list in my head for her that will last for years. :)



1 comment:

MangusColoradoTribe said...

Way to go, Strawberry. You are a reader like your mom was.