Friday, April 13, 2012

Science Girl


So Strawberry was pretty excited about the Science Fair at her school. She spent a lot of time figuring out what she wanted to do and found something that was fun and easy. I told her what she needed to research and she looked up definitions and tried to get everything figured out. It was fun project. She tested different things to see if they were acids, bases, or neutrals using cabbage juice. We got the project board all done the day before we left for Arizona because we wouldn't have any time when we got back.



We landed in Maryland at 6:00 am on the day of the science fair after flying all night, and even though I told Strawberry she could skip it and just sleep since it wasn't required until 5th grade, she still insisted on going to school. It's so funny. This is the second time this year she has totally passed up a legitimate chance to skip school. 

She ended up getting an honorable mention ribbon for her project. We were so proud of her. Luke and I are huge science and math nerds so it is nice to see our little girl following in our footsteps.




2 comments:

MangusColoradoTribe said...

Wow, Strawberry! This looks fantastic. You really put a lot of creative effort into this and its no wonder you got a ribbon. Awesome!

Wayne and Ann Cowley said...

That's great Strawberry. Congratulations on your ribbon. I'm happy you worked so hard and had fun doing the project.

Grandma Cowley