Saturday, April 3, 2010

April Fools!

Ha ha. I'm so funny. :p Thanks for your help, Dad, but it didn't work. Apparently Luke doesn't believe anything I say anymore. You did give him a second's hesitation, but alas, my husband thinks I'm a big fat liar. I'm not a good liar, however. He said that everything in the post was exactly what I wouldn't say if I actually had bought the car. I'm so mad though because this was the perfect plan. He was supposed to believe me and then say, "Hey, nice car. I'm glad you got it." Because then I could have gone and bought the lower model MDX that was only $40,000 and then it would be a nice pleasant surprise for him to be $10,000 less in debt than he thought.

I know it's totally lame to drag a April Fools joke on for three days, but when you live in opposite time zones, it is difficult. Sorry honey. I'm a dork. Did the JAG really say that about power of attorney? If so, awwww, you trust me enough to ignore him and give it to me anyway. That's so sweet!


Look, we are practicing sitting. I was trying to get a picture of her sitting by holding her up and then quickly letting go and snapping the picture. But she falls over too fast. I felt horrible though because this time when she fell over, she didn't get her leg out from under her and it was twisted and hurt her. Usually, she get her legs out behind her and gracefully goes to her tummy. But the one time I'm not hovering over her so I can take a fake picture, she gets hurt. Should have known.

Do you want to hear the girls' April Fools jokes?

Strawberry: "Hey, mom, what's your favorite animal?"
Me: "A koala bear."
Strawberry: "Look! There's a koala bear in that tree! April Fools! Hahahahahahaha!"
Apple: "Look! There is a monkey in that tree! April Fools! Hahahahahahaha!"
Strawberry: "Hey, mom, what's your favorite color?"
Me: "Green."
Strawberry: "Look! There's a, ummm, a, ummmmm. . ."
Apple: "Look! There is green in that tree! April Fools! Hahahahahahaha!"
Apple: "Look! There is a leaf in that tree! April Fools! Hahahahahaha!"
Apple: "Look! There is a tree over there! April Fools! Hahahahahaha!"
Strawberry: "I'm not going to do my homework! April Fools! Hahahahahaha!"

:)

4 comments:

Luke said...

I am so smart
I am so smart
I am so smart

Cute kids. But quit dropping my baby.

"I'm going to do my homework! .... April Fools!" Would have been more appropriate. Hahahahahahaha

Bethany said...

The homework joke is too true to be funny. This past week she has either left her homework at school or left it at home every single day. It's driving me bonkers. She was really upset and talked about how stupid she was so I explained to her that both Mommy and Daddy are very forgetful people and that she inherited it from us, but both of us have learned how to deal with it and have to try extra hard. That made her feel better. The girl is soooo hard on herself. It makes me sad.

Sorry about Mango. I really did feel bad. At least she didn't smack her head. She has a tendency to lean too far backwards when I'm holding her upright and she can't catch herself and it scares her. I wonder if that is why she can't sit up yet, those back muscles are underdeveloped. I don't remember the other kids doing the same thing. They'd throw themselves backward, but it was different. Remember when I almost dropped the Carpenter's little boy. Yipes.

Anonymous said...

I did that with Dangerboy when he was little, except I was trying to get a picture of him standing up. I let go and snapped a picture, but he tipped backwards, bounced off a ball behind him that I hadn't seen, and whacked his head on the floor. Yes, I am a bad parent. The picture didn't really turn out either, or it didn't turn out as I had planned: he has this wonderfully serene look on his face, but the camera snapped right before he hit the ball. He had no idea what was happening. *GUILT*

Peter

P.S. I totally bought that you bought the car. I'm gullible. And because Luke has a job, I assume you're rich. I'm correct in that assumption, of course (which is why we're coming up there for dinner this week!! HAHAHA!), but I guess $50K for a car is a little steep, even for ritzy folks like you. I'm gunna go play my banjo now. It only has two strings. *sniff*

Bethany said...

We are totally rich. I just don't like giving up my piles of money. I want to get it all in gold coins and swim in it like Uncle Scrooge. Actually, what I should do is buy diamonds and wear my wealth all the time for everyone to see. I am an officer's wife, after all. But ever since I saw that stinking movie, Blood Diamond, I can't bring myself to buy shiny rocks that get smuggled by sewing them up in goats. The car is shiny and pretty, but becomes totally worthless 10 years later. I can't stand devaluation. Oooh, I think I will get a briefcase and fill it with $100 bills. Back when we were poor and on a budget, I'd get $600 cash for the month and I loved having that wad of dough in my purse.

Oh, and I have a much bigger list of horrible things I've done to my children. I accidentally punched Strawberry in the face once (the zipper on her jacket was stuck) and she actually has a dimple-scar in her cheek from it. And when Apple was a baby, I was doing homework and she started crying so I stuck my pen in my mouth pointing outwards and when I picked her up, I totally stabbed her with the pen. Half an inch to the right and I would have poked out her eye. So don't feel bad. I'm a much worse parent. :)