Spring Break this year was super awesome because we got to visit with both sets of grandparents. We spent a week with my family and then when we got back, Luke's parents came to visit. I was totally a slacker taking pictures in Arizona. In fact, I was totally a slacker the whole time. I ignored my kids and played around on the internet and went to movies the whole time. But that's what family is for, right? I finally got to see some movies I'd been missing out on: Avatar (oooh, pretty), Alice in Wonderland (oooh, trippy), and Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squequal (ew). I also got to hit all of Luke's and my favorite eats that we found while we were living there. Mmmm. Oh, and Ikea, my favorite store. It was fun. Strawberry and Apple talked Aunt Bonnie into jumping into the pool with them, but they came out about fifteen minutes later blue and shivering. We'll have to go again this summer when it's crazy hot. I also got to relive my glory days talking to Mike and Mom about all our horrifying nursing stories. I need a job. It's so funny how much I miss such an exhausting, depressing, disgusting job. But as soon as Luke gets home, I'm going to hit all the hospitals and hope that I can find one desperate enough to hire me for exactly what I can give: Saturday nights, baby!
I managed to take two pictures of the other set of grandparents. Strawberry and Apple got Grandma onto the trampoline while Grandpa fixed my stinkin' weed whacker. Thank you! I can now keep the backyard jungle completely under control. I amazed myself during their visit by actually cooking three dinners in a row! I don't think I've ever done that. In fact, I haven't cooked a real dinner since Luke left. We eat a lot of Bertolli's frozen pasta dinners. They're tasty. And you'd be surprised by how many different items there are on the Jack-in-the-Box menu. My favorite is the chicken teriyaki bowl. We were very happy that the Cowleys were able to come spend time with us in our crazy household and wish them luck on their trip to Alaska.
Guest Post: The Smoke-Filled Room
1 day ago
No comments:
Post a Comment