Strawberry: "If Jesus was going to be born in 5 years, like if it was a long time ago, then I would be 12!"
Apple (draping a towel on her head): "Mom, do I look like Mary?" Me: "Yes." Apple: "Mary from Lord of the Rings?" Me: "Wait, what? Who?" Apple: "You know, Merry, the little guy." Yep, my daughter has Mary confused with Merry. Guess our next FHE lesson is planned.
Apple: "Look! Look! The sky is a rainbow!" (looking at a sunset)
Strawberry: "I know! We can make daddy a commander for Christmas!" Me: "How are we going to do that?" Strawberry: "We can just call up the people and say 'You gotta make Luke Cowley a commander. You just gotta! and then they'll do it." As soon as I find out who the "people" are, I'm going to try. :)
Apple (stomping her foot): "Why don't they have clothes for big dogs? It's not fair! Big dogs get cold too!"
Me: "You need to clean your room." Strawberry: "What will you do if I don't?" Is that something you really want to ask 3 weeks before Christmas?
Strawberry: "Look Mango is smiling at me! She's so proud of me."
Apple: "Grandpa is doing the moo lawn" (mowing the lawn).
Apple: "I'm older enough now because I'm four! I need to get new clothes because all my clothes are too little now because I'm four! I can sit like this now because I'm four! My hair growed longer last night because I'm four!" Happy birthday sweetie.
Apple (while watching Phantom of the Opera): "Will you curl up my hair so I can sing like her?"
Apple: "Mom, can you put on your smile face?"
Me: "Could you take this bag out and put it in the garbage please?" Strawberry: "Why don't you want to do it yourself?" Back talk is making me crazy!
Apple: "Is 'I love you' a bad word?" Me: "Oh, a terrible one." Apple (giggling) "No it not. It means I hug my mom."
Apple: "I love Mango all the time because she makes crazy noises." (as Mango is filling her diaper)
Strawberry: "I feel really grown up today, like I could even be eight and I don't even know why. But I don't feel it in my legs or tummy, but in my head. What does that mean?"
Apple: "Really good driving, Mom!" as I accelerated to change lanes. It's nice to be appreciated. :)
Apple: "When you look at a light and go your eyes like this [squint], it makes it super!"
Strawberry: "Mom, I figured out how to make chocolate! First you have to eat a Reese's so you get chocolate all over your fingers, then you rub them together and it turns into normal chocolate without peanut butter. It really works!"
Apple (grabbing Mango's hand and trying to smack her in the face with it): "Stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself." Thanks SO much, Mike,
Apple: "I think we are moving again because mommy is cleaning." (Ouch)
Apple (watching a movie): "What did he say?" Strawberry: "I have no idea. Now quit asking questions because I'm holding the baby." Apple: "Oh. Why he say that?"
Strawberry (holding her sister for the first time): "Aww, Mango's little ear is so tiny! It's even smaller than my hand. (Holding her hand up to her own ear) Oh wait, my ear is smaller than my hand. Awww, her ear is so tiny, it's even smaller than my thumb."
Apple: "How the baby get in mama's tummy?" Strawberry: "Because mommy kissed daddy on the lips. Thats why you should never kiss any on the lips, just the cheek." (Apparently our talks have gone in one ear and out the other)
Strawberry: "I don't understand why I'm so attracted to Star Wars. It's mostly for boys." Me: "Well, there's Princess Leia and Queen Amadala." Strawberry: "No, I don't like it because of them. I like it because of all the fighting!" :)
Apple (when my brother came for a visit): "Is Peter going to be our new dad?" :( She keeps asking why daddy has to be gone so long and when he is coming back. Luke's deployment is not going to be fun.
Apple: "I going to marry Uncle Jed because he can say things really really loud."
Apple: "Mommy, can we get a pet?" Me: "No, not right now." Apple: "Why?" Me: "Because we are getting a new baby soon." Apple: "How about we give the baby to someone else and I get a dog? That a good idea!" (Uh-oh)
Apple: "I feel really cute!" (after getting new shoes)
Strawberry to Apple: "Don't believe what Grandpa Cowley says. He likes to joke all the time."
Apple: "Noo-oo, birdies don't have a bum, they not poo and pee on the bed. Can we get a bird?"
Apple's prayer: ". . . thank thee that we all be pretty. And thank thee that I be cute . . . DANG cute."
Apple: "Why is that man walking over there?" Me: "I don't know. Why do you ask so many questions?" Apple: "Because I smart!"
Strawberry: "Why are you making food for the mom who had a baby? Can't the dad do it? My dad does it when you are tired. And you are tired because of the baby. That's not fair." Somebody knows she has an awesome daddy.
Apple: "I want to have the same name as you, so you call me Mommy [Apple] now. Or Behanee Mommy. That my name. But it [Apple] too. Behanee Mommy [Apple]. Okay?"
Apple: "Do you think this purple dress is cute?" Strawberry: "Yeah, it looks good on you, but we're going to the park." Apple: "But it short and purple and I look cute." Strawberry: "Yeah, it will be fine. Except you have it on inside out." Apple: "Oh . . . maybe I wear something else. Can you help me find something cute?" Strawberry: "Of course. Do you think my outfit is cute?" Apple: "Ummm, yes!" (I love listening to them give each other fashion advice)
Strawberry mentioned something scary she had seen at a friend's house (a bone). Apple: "I know, Daddy can get a sword and KILL it!" (princess #2 is very violent)
Strawberry: "I maybe want to be a doctor when I grow up, but I think I'm not going to because you think doctors are stupid, and I don't want you to think I'm stupid." (oops, need to be more careful about talking about work)
Strawberry: "I just thought of this. Heavenly Mother is the one that put the baby in your tummy because she is a girl so she is in charge of mommies. Heavenly Father is in charge of daddies."
Strawberry (to mom and dad): "Would you PLEASE stop kissing for a minute?" (after two quick smooches in a row--I know, very shocking)
Apple: "I hungry mama." Me: "What do you want?" Apple: "A peanut butter sandwich or bread or a banana or an apple or graham crackers or fruit snacks for fishy crackers or a twinkie or cheese." Me: "How about a banana?" Apple: "Noooo! I not want that!" Me: "Then how about cheese?" Apple: "Nooo! Something!" Me: "Then what do you want?" Apple: "Ummm, I want, I want, ummm, a peanut butter sandwich." Me: "Are you sure?" Apple: "Yes, I sure." Apple (after getting the sandwich): "That not what I wanted!"
Apple: "I going to make a really really really big ladder and go up, up to the moon and then climb down again." Me: "What are you going to do on the moon?" Apple: "I going to get wings and be Tinker bell and fly, fly, fly and twinkle and fly."
Strawberry (throwing away a Kleenex): "We don't recycle those because you can't make ANYTHING out of boogers."
Strawberry: "Yesterday I put my shoes on the right feet without even looking at them, but today I'm not magical" (*sigh*)
Apple: "Why the sun not come up yet? Just because?" (I obviously use that answer too much)
Strawberry: "The moon is made of clouds."
Apple: "Elephants are ticklish, right mommy?"
Strawberry (after seeing a hair product commercial): "Mom, you should get that because your hair is really turning the wrong color."
Me (walking into the girls' room): "Strawberry, why aren't you cleaning?" Strawberry: "Because Apple made me confused!" Me: "About what?" Strawberry: "Whether I should clean or play!"
Apple (after discovering Strawberry had used her coloring book): "Not cool, [Strawberry], that is not cool."
Guest Post: The Smoke-Filled Room
1 day ago
No comments:
Post a Comment