Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Kid Quotes 2008

My sidebar is getting ridiculously long, so I'm going to split the kid quotes up and make them into separate posts by year.  Just cleaning up a little. :)


Strawberry: "Did you know that I'm not the importantest child that was ever born?"

Me: "Poor Daddy, that stinks!" (referring to problems with his final project).  Apple (glaring at me): "Daddy not stinks!"

Me: "What should we get Grandpa for Christmas?" Strawberry: "Well, he really likes to watch the news show, so we should get him the news on DVD."

Strawberry: "Whenever I hear music, I do very cool movements like this . . ." (moving her hips and shoulders).

Strawberry: "I took a shower all by myself and even used the air conditioning so I wouldn't get tangles."

Apple: "Mama, I lub you and I really like you and you are berry pwetty." (Not funny, just so sweet!)

Strawberry (looking at a hamburger bun): "Mom, if we plant these seeds, can we grow bread?"

Me: "Be careful when you're eating the cake so it doesn't get all over."  Apple: "Yeah, I eat it with my mouth, not my face."

Me: "How old are you going to be?"  Apple: "Three, four, five, six, SEVENNNNN!"  Me: "You mean three?"  Apple: "No, I TWOOOOOOO!"  Me: "But you're going to be three on your birthday."  Apple (bursting into tears): "I no wanna get three!  I go first grade!  I TWOOO!"  (She's hit her terrible three early and gets upset about everything.)

Strawberry: "Mom, I was just wondering, how do clothes gt smaller so you can't wear them anymore?"

Strawberry: "When I hear a word that is ins-teresting, I pause it in my head and then write it down when I get home so my stories are more ins-teresting."

I was reading a book to the girls.  Strawberry jumped up suddenly and said, "Wait, can you push pause for a sec?"

Apple's prayer tonight: "Heavenly Father, are you really there? . . . Please bless Jesus a get better, and he get in a mountain really fast . . . "

Strawberry: "My teacher's name used to be Ann when she was little, but when she grew up, she changed it to Mrs. Smith."

Apple: "You need a get a job, daddy."

Me: "Luke, you should have been a banker and made $10 million a year."  Strawberry, eyes brightening, "I'm going to be a banker."  Apple: "I'm going to be a chicken!"

Apple "I go to pretty-school."  Strawberry, "You mean preschool?"  Apple: "Yeah, yeah, pretty-school!"

Apple: "Mama, mama, bad guys in the clouds!" (during a thunderstorm)

Strawberry (talking about a Hello Kitty movie):  "That movie isn't real, you know.  It says that she is the nicest girl in the world, but that's not really true because I'm the nicest girl in the world."

Luke overheard Strawberry in her room after I told her to clean it: "Cinderella, pick up your laundry; Cinderella, clean the windows; hmmmph."  Does that make me the wicked stepmother?

Me: "I'm not a trampoline, I'm a lady!"  Apple: "Hee-hee, you not a ladybug!"

Strawberry: "I want to be a painter face." Me: "That would be fun." Strawberry: "Yeah, I'm going to be a facer paint."  Me: "You would be good at it." Strawberry: "You wish you were a pacer faint?"  me: "It would be cool."  Strawberry: "I'm definitely going to be a faintcer."

No comments: